just picked up a 2 slot cabinet

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I can't play fighters with Happ sticks. I don't pull off the moves consistently. I'm used to Neo stye and Hori square gates, and the Sanwa sticks I bought are a massive improvement for my machine. I went with Sanwa because they have bat tops available, to make this big red look more like original parts.

50172612558_1651f6e0b0_k.jpg
I didn't even know sanwa had bat tops. I may look into this, as the sticks that came with mine feel like IL bat tops with square gates.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didn't even know sanwa had bat tops. I may look into this, as the sticks that came with mine feel like IL bat tops with square gates.
Only problem, as you can see, the dust covers don't quite fit. I put the smaller covers underneath the large ones. The bat tops are available at focusattack.com.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I can't play fighters with Happ sticks. I don't pull off the moves consistently. I'm used to Neo stye and Hori square gates, and the Sanwa sticks I bought are a massive improvement for my machine. I went with Sanwa because they have bat tops available, to make this big red look more like original parts.

I'm with you, I actually hate american style joysticks lol. That being said I want this to be close to the original experience so I went with IL. I will give myself a while to adjust and if I just can't then I will drop sanwa's in there, thanks for the tip.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
My opinion that nobody asked for: If i had a big red cab i would just get seimitsu sticks with ball tops. They feel and play the best to my hands so fuck looking original!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My opinion that nobody asked for: If i had a big red cab i would just get seimitsu sticks with ball tops. They feel and play the best to my hands so fuck looking original!
There's definitely a good argument there. If I had bought this machine as a primary system to play on, I might go with the same, since I'm used to Japanese ball tops with square gates. However, if I really wanted the play experience to be perfect, I would've gotten a candy cab instead of a big red. I bought this machine more out of nostalgia than for the optimal play experience.

That said, I don't really mind the bat tops. The stick, switches and gate are more important. The ball tops just don't look original to me, so I'm willing to give the bat tops a chance.

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

yes my custom AES sticks have seimitsu sticks in them and I agree they are the best neo sticks. If I just cant get used to the american sticks then I will definitely say fuck the original as well XD

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

been working on the cab all day. Got the marquee light working, installed new buttons and sticks and CP bolts. happy with the progress so far. still need to wire up the coin doors but it's coming along

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
also, is there a horizontal size adjustment on these monitors? Image is a bit cut off on the sides.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
also, is there a horizontal size adjustment on these monitors? Image is a bit cut off on the sides.
This is the best pic of the video board I could get. I'd mess with anything related to H, I know you can shift the image but I'm not sure of resizing.
ab9b7a5d877af2b39c4ed57fdfcf5098.jpg

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This is the best pic of the video board I could get. I'd mess with anything related to H, I know you can shift the image but I'm not sure of resizing.
ab9b7a5d877af2b39c4ed57fdfcf5098.jpg

yeah my remote board has horizontal position but nothing for size, maybe I can do more adjustments from the neck board?

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
If you're gonna mess with the neckboard I'd definitely try and find a schematic so you know what you're dealing with. Obvious point but better safe than sorry.