Visco License Obtained by Pixelheart Games

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I know there seems to be some ill feelings here towards these Visco reissues. The price is too steep for this game (it's no Last Resort or Blazing Star); it should be under $300.00. For the asking price, you should also get an extra like a Visco t-shirt/trucker hat/coffee mug, etc. Also, there should be more pizazz with the packaging, like gold-foil lettering, etc.

The packaging still looks nice though, it's cool to see Andro Dunos in a snap-lock case with the original Shinkirou illustration.

If anyone has a Joshprod Neo-Geo cart, have you opened it? What do the PCBs look like?

https://www.pixelheart.eu/produit/andro-dunos-neo-geo-aes-jap/

https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/202007150011/

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Yo whats up Kronos. This is the same company that has been rereleasing the Visco neo geo titles on dreamcast, right? I had no idea they were also releasing carts. Since the dreamcast releases were basically just roms running via emulator, I would assume these releases are the better option, I suppose.

Thank you for sharing the info.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The packaging still looks nice though, it's cool to see Andro Dunos in a snap-lock case with the original Shinkirou illustration.

I didn't realize that was illustrated by shinkiro. There's no mistaking his illustrations inside the manual though.

Anyway, I enjoy Andro Dunos quite a bit as well as many other Visco titles. Though, a piece of me cringes whenever I see re-releases like these but this is the world we're living in.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Who else doesn't own Visco Games' IP nowadays? They're the Data East of the Neo scene.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yo whats up Kronos. This is the same company that has been rereleasing the Visco neo geo titles on dreamcast, right? I had no idea they were also releasing carts. Since the dreamcast releases were basically just roms running via emulator, I would assume these releases are the better option, I suppose.

Thank you for sharing the info.

Hey BlackaneseNiNjA, good to see you on here. I think it's cool that Visco games are even still around to get their games re-released. It would be even cooler if the prototype version of Breakers, Tenrin no Syo Chicago was released as a 2nd disc to the main game.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I mean, I'm pretty sure it's Shinkirou's illustration based on it's similarity to his other work on the platform. It's hard to be sure without one of his stylized faces in the artwork.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
They’re very fancy bootlegs, no matter if the company holds the rights IMO. The one that I’m okay with is Bang Bang Busters since that didn’t get an official release, and people scalp the NCI version now.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wow 400 euro's! Seems to be a common price point for these things.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
:rolleyes:

Ugh - overpriced, "licensed" bootlegs will always baffle me.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Can't you still get a real one for that price or even a little less? or is this game insane $$ these days

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Can't you still get a real one for that price or even a little less? or is this game insane $$ these days

Depends on the region, the english version can be found for that price, the japanese one tends to be insane, though. One of those titles, which always has been more expensive in its jpn. version.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
What's the point of this release? (I'm like five-six years removed from the home cart hobby)

pathlesscookies

New Challenger
I was excited till I saw the price and this line in their ad.

"This software does not support all genuine products. It may not work depending on the manufacturing time."

I dont even understand what the second part means its might not even play ? lol

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Had no idea people actually like this game. Bottom tier of Neo shooters .

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It’s a hell of a lot better than Ghost Pilots IMO.

catfishpilots.gif

Ghost Pilots Catfished my ass with the screenshots in magazines/ads. That scene with the green grass and shit, made me want it before playing it.

Last edited: