Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VISCO'S ANDRO DUNOS AES REISSUE FROM JOSHPROD & PIXELHEART

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Neo Geo is the Kmart version of CPS1.
    Bro...some things we can't ever take back

Why So Many X's?

See, semi-official re-releases like this to me only make sense if it's the same price as the original was. Make it distinct enough that it can't be mistaken for the original, but looks and feels close enough that it's not going to detract at all.

Happens all the time in the vintage toy world. Though I guess, adjusting for inflation it's around the same price? IDK...I don't care enough either way.

Galford's Armourer

I don't get the pricepoint either. Xeno Crisis is about 250 euro for a brand new game that was developed by professional game developers. Granted it is a port but still a decent purchase and an awesome game. (I got the mega drive port right here).
    Anyway I like Andro Dunos I was lucky to scoop up a very cheap local MVS cart last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    "Kmart version" describes Visco perfectly. They might play well but they always feel like the 'side B' of the Neo.
    Exactly. It's like when your parents told you that you were all going out to eat at a nice restaurant for a special treat and then they pull into Outback. Your heart sinks a little, but the food is "fine"; so, you enjoy your meal anyway. That's Visco.

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Nobody collects this shit. This Josh Prod shit (nci) has been available on several sites since like 2018. There are no buyers.
    There are no buyers in our circles, but he gets plenty of business. His clientele is the Youtube/FB noobs. The stuff is never out of stock since he can churn them out as much as he wants, probably.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

The most I paid for Neo-Geo AES games was around the $300+, and that was for a new King of Fighters 2000 bought at a store in Gunma-ken, Japan with the smutty name of WONDER GOO. I always laughed to myself like Beavis and Butthead going here. The Visco reissues would probably sell better if cheaper.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...oiowCnoECBEQBg
    Six years working in Japan, eleven Neo-Geo arcade location tests attended. Broken Japanese spoken.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

Stop paying high prices for shit and people will stop trying to sell you shit at high prices.

It’s not magic.

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    I don't get the pricepoint either. Xeno Crisis is about 250 euro for a brand new game that was developed by professional game developers. Granted it is a port but still a decent purchase and an awesome game. (I got the mega drive port right here).
    Anyway I like Andro Dunos I was lucky to scoop up a very cheap local MVS cart last year.
    Yeah, they set an excellent price point for Xeno Crisis. Hopefully, they can make enough money to justify doing future games.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    Yeah, they set an excellent price point for Xeno Crisis.
    Cuz it's a Genesis/Mega Drive game ported to the Neo. Still haven't seen any videos/screenshots of the Neo version yet, either.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Cuz it's a Genesis/Mega Drive game ported to the Neo. Still haven't seen any videos/screenshots of the Neo version yet, either.
    That is beside the point. Still more work then burning roms with Andros Dunos on it. There is no reason why Pixelheart releases are 399 and BitmapBureau about 250.
    I do know that bitmap is also making their own PCB's which they also done for the Mega Drive version. That might impact the pricepoint but still...

Geese's Thug

That is beside the point. Still more work then burning roms with Andros Dunos on it. There is no reason why Pixelheart releases are 399 and BitmapBureau about 250.
    I do know that bitmap is also making their own PCB's which they also done for the Mega Drive version. That might impact the pricepoint but still...
    Maybe it's to do with the licence. Are these actually being made by Visco? If not they will have to pay Visco for the licence. Also who knows what deal they got on making the physical carts and boxes etc

Also Let's face it - these will sell out so why charge less? Also you will be able to sell them for more on Ebay 6 months later. It's not like the value goes down. When has that ever happened? Every NGDevteam release ever is literally twice as much on Ebay a year later.

EDIT : Having said that - it depends if this is limited edition or not. Because if they are just going to keep making them - then the cost is too high
    Last edited by Missile; 07-30-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

PH paid the Visco licences.
    - Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Why So Many X's?

This.

The Visco license is dirt fucking cheap. Look at the visco re-releases on Dreamcast - $45 a pop.

Charging stupid “LiMiTeD eDiTiOn” prices to attract collectards is all they’re doing.

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    This.

The Visco license is dirt fucking cheap. Look at the visco re-releases on Dreamcast - $45 a pop.

Charging stupid “LiMiTeD eDiTiOn” prices to attract collectards is all they’re doing.
    Pretty much, gotta cash in with all these collectards we have nowadays.

for the price they are asking, might as well buy the real thing and done

RevQuixo. Who He?

Sheeeyat my bad
    Last edited by NeoCverA; 09-12-2020 at 12:08 PM.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Is this flyer from the upcoming AD re-release?

t603016490.1.jpg
    Six years working in Japan, eleven Neo-Geo arcade location tests attended. Broken Japanese spoken.

Thread Information