AES 3-5 sync distorts when things move on screen

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
EDIT - resolved

Video here: https://youtu.be/WWjRZS-jV6E

I performed an RGB bypass on my 3-5 AES to fix the checkerboard pattern issue that these boards can have. I used the alternate method that James has up on JNX that he used for a 3-5. I might not have noticed it before, but sync seems to distort when things are moving on the right hand side of the screen. I did restore C-Sync back from the CXA due to my SCART cable using a sync stripper. Would the sync line need attenuated or have a capacitor in line? Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
What was wrong?

The guide I followed pulled C-Sync from the input line instead of the output on the CXA1145P. The guide on JNX didn’t restore C-Sync back which I needed, so I followed a different guide for that, which ended up being incorrect. I figured something was wrong, so I checked the schematic for the CXA and fixed it. The guy also didn’t add the capacitor and resistor back in line with C-Sync, which I knew was a red flag. I got everything fixed though.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I ended up using the input line because the sync from the encoder did not work with the Framemeister.