Thread: Neo n00b here, plz be gentle

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Neo n00b here, plz be gentle

Hello Neo hyphen Geo community,

I signed up in 2016 with a passing interest in the platform after playing some of the games using MAME, since I thought PCs were better than everything at the time.

Recently, I came across Metal Jesusí video on the Neo Geo with John Hancock. Once I saw how awesome his English AES games looked, I knew I needed a piece of that action. Thankfully, some old geezer of a collector local to me died of covid. I made a hard offer of $3.50 for his incomplete gold system and 4 games. Amazingly, his idiot of a wife accepted my big tymer offer, and now I feel ready to collect English AES games all the way. Currently I have Samurai Shodown, Super Spy, NAM-1975, and Riding Hero.

My gold system isnít like John Hancockís though. Itís missing the styrofoam insert. Can I buy one from one of you guys? Much appreciated.

English AES games are really where itís at for Neo Geo collecting. If John Hancock can do it, why canít I? Nothing else will satisfy me at night. Only English AES games.

Thank you for reading my intro.

www.neo-archive.com

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Did you fuck his wife or not?

If not then GTFO

Geese's Thug

"THE IMMORTAL" John Hancock. lulz.

Loyal Neo-Disciple

RIP Geese Howard. January 1953 - September 1920.. never forget

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    Hello Neo hyphen Geo community,

I signed up in 2016 with a passing interest in the platform after playing some of the games using MAME, since I thought PCs were better than everything at the time.

Recently, I came across Metal Jesus’ video on the Neo Geo with John Hancock. Once I saw how awesome his English AES games looked, I knew I needed a piece of that action. Thankfully, some old geezer of a collector local to me died of covid. I made a hard offer of $3.50 for his incomplete gold system and 4 games. Amazingly, his idiot of a wife accepted my big tymer offer, and now I feel ready to collect English AES games all the way. Currently I have Samurai Shodown, Super Spy, NAM-1975, and Riding Hero.

My gold system isn’t like John Hancock’s though. It’s missing the styrofoam insert. Can I buy one from one of you guys? Much appreciated.

English AES games are really where it’s at for Neo Geo collecting. If John Hancock can do it, why can’t I? Nothing else will satisfy me at night. Only English AES games.

Thank you for reading my intro.
    Is a repro polystyrene insert acceptable or do you only demand authentic Bush Sr era foam

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    Did you fuck his wife or not?
    I thought it was common knowledge that English AES games makes a woman quiver. The answer is yes of course. Once I buy enough AES carts to line my shelves, Iíll be the immortals daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    Is a repro polystyrene insert acceptable or do you only demand authentic Bush Sr era foam
    No repro plz. I only accept the finest and most expensive in my collection. I enjoy making things harder for myself to stroke my online ego.

www.neo-archive.com

Just Short...
    As always... :-(
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

You're supposed to post intro threads in Welcome to the Drama.

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    You're supposed to post intro threads in Welcome to the Drama.
    Sorry. I’m a n00b.

www.neo-archive.com

Just Short...
    As always... :-(
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

I'm just playing. You mentioned be gentle and of course I nitpicked for a laugh.

In search of monsters to destroy

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that English AES games makes a woman quiver. The answer is yes of course. Once I buy enough AES carts to line my shelves, I’ll be the immortals daddy.

No repro plz. I only accept the finest and most expensive in my collection. I enjoy making things harder for myself to stroke my online ego.
    I'll PM you, I know a guy who has a few extra.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Hey! You think you can just walk in here saying you wanna buy US AES games!? Hell no noobfag! Go fuck yourself! Welcome to Neo Geo.com

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Be careful with those sexy ass AES games, Make sure you keep them sealed up nice and tight on ya shelf.
    It takes years of mental practice to be able to open them up without shooting ya load over the manual and sticking the pages together.
    Obv that will really reduce the value so for gods sake stay atleast 3 feet away and stick em in a protective plastic case to avoid any accidents k?

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

Just as authentic champagne is only produced in France, so are AES carts. Otherwise they are merely “home carts”.

NEST Puppet

I do not know than John Hardcock guy, but I tell you this, MVS carts do not look fancy on a shelf, so you're right about the AES English games route.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Urethra Chode View Post
    Just as authentic champagne is only produced in France, so are AES carts. Otherwise they are merely “home carts”.
    Home fries are better than home carts.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217
    http://backloggery.com/ggallegos1/sig.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

This is the second request for styrofoam in the last month.
    No one is going to sell you their insert. No, there are not reproductions.
    Steam: SnethSS ; XBL:Sneth ; PSN:Sneth ; 3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch: 6190-2874-8805

Ninja Combat Warrior

Hey!! Welcome to the forum! It's great to see new people joining the forums and getting excited to talk about all things Neo Geo!

That's an impressive collection you have and I'd love to help you with your quest to get a styrofoam insert. I have a Japanese boxed console gathering dust in my garage. You're more than welcome to have it, I just ask that you pay for shipping.

I also have a few English games I'm willing to part with. Some people say they are "rare", but I don't believe them. I'm willing to let them go for what I paid. They are mostly Metal Slugs, but I don't have the first one sadly. Most people think they are not that fun. Just fancy art and 80s style gameplay.

Here at the neo forums we take care of each other and try not over charge.

Once again, Welcome!
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

We're one big family here, and often interact cross-community with other Neo Geo enthusiast pockets. Let me know your Facebook account and I'll add you to the special group.

Ace Ghost Pilot

Welcome to hell noob. Hope you have your fucking behelit on hand...
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Most people think they are not that fun. Just fancy art and 80s style gameplay.
    I suggest you flip your current Neo Japanese Dot Mark Geo ASAP on our marketplace (pm Rot for access, just show one of your dog tag AES carts and you're in), there's nothing of worth in this console, even its famous shoot-em-up Metal Slug 2 (the best in the series) doesn't hold a candle to Gunstar Heroes on the Genesis. Sell it and buy a Polymega with the Genny model, a much better value for your money.

Oh yeah, don't forget to send your FB to Bratwurst, he draws some rad avatars! He just drew me an hilarious one with me and my wife (can't show here as it's kinda explicit). I'm still not sure why he drew me as a black dude though, pretty sure I sent him a link to my FB and not just my wife's but whatever, still great!
    Last edited by Burning Fight!!; 07-23-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    RIP Geese Howard. January 1953 - September 1920.. never forget

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    I'm still not sure why he drew me as a black dude though, pretty sure I sent him a link to my FB and not just my wife's but whatever, still great!
    Bratwurst see's the worst in us all.

Thread Information