Component Video Issue (Neo MVS)

xelasoma

n00b
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a consolised MVS unit that had been modded for component video output.

When I connect the console to my TV (LG M227WDP) through the correct channels all I get is a blank screen and a message displaying "Invalid Format."

After doing some research this appears to be a resolution problem for some newer tv's as they do not support lower resolutions, but my LG has handled other consoles in the past with no issues.

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Try on another tv, a lot of panels don’t take 240P. I’ve had good luck but you might not.

Pick up a RetroTink 2X Pro for a no lag plug and play upscaler.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Between the 240p output and the slightly odd sync rate a lot of HDTVs don't like it. You might have to use something like a Framemeister in the middle that can convert it to a standard 60hz signal.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I think LG is the brand you absolutely don't want to have in your TV if you want to play back 240p YUV Component.

Will a simple line doubler solve his issue or is the weird sync rate that significant? Not to hijack one's thread but I bought both a CVS287 and a homebrewn RGB->YUV converter for the home consoles and while I'm certain my TVs get 240p signal, I'm not so sure about the 60hz thing and how laggy my panels will behave. Should have gone with VGA.