Genesis CDX help...

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Had a co-worker give me a bunch of systems from his basement. One is a CDX but seems like the laser unit doesn’t work, sounds like the motor winds up but the carriage doesn’t move. Anyone want to take a stab at fixing this or know someone who does?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Dogg, I'm pretty sure I have spare aftermarket cdx lasers I purchased on ebay years ago. There in the box brand new. So if you find someone who could replace them and you need a laser let me know.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Maybe there's an obstruction on the assembly gears? Take it apart give the pieces a bath and use some silicone grease to get them moving again

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Dicked around with it more this week, took it apart moved the laser around some. It seemed to help, except I can’t consistently get it to read disks. Granted, these are burns.

https://imgur.com/a/Q1FNDWb

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
You have an oscilloscope? At the very least you could use a multimeter to see what voltages are going to the laser diode.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
You have an oscilloscope? At the very least you could use a multimeter to see what voltages are going to the laser diode.

no scope but have a MM, might see what I can do this weekend when not doing fence...