reproduction "old style" AES controllers from china (aliexpress)

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The sad part is that you can get an original in Japan for less than that. You could get a HORI Fighting Stick Neo for less than that in Japan. If it were actually cheap I think it would make a good base to be modified, but at that price point, it really is throwing money away.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The sad part is that you can get an original in Japan for less than that. You could get a HORI Fighting Stick Neo for less than that in Japan. If it were actually cheap I think it would make a good base to be modified, but at that price point, it really is throwing money away.

The average western collectard skewed prices so bad even Chinese pirates are inflating prices.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
They're dogshit, stay away from them. Someone had me 'upgrade' theirs with Seimitsu 24mm buttons and the joystick itself was terrible.

I have a feeling those are actually just repurposed Neo Geo X sticks.

That's exactly what these are.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
They're dogshit, stay away from them. Someone had me 'upgrade' theirs with Seimitsu 24mm buttons and the joystick itself was terrible.

Yeah, a buddy of mine actually showed me his Neo Geo X that he proudly obtained. The sticks were terrible, and would probably be a pain in the ass to make half-decent.

For the money, it's more cost-efficient to just build your own arcade stick by hand.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Well gents can you guess what we'll see noobs posting about for the next few years?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I have two X's I purchased at low-low prices. They are nothing to brag about but they get the job done. The gripe I had with mine was the X so I wiped them off with alcohol.
BB

Last edited:

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
You can get an actual AES old style joystick for almost the same price...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Did they reproduce the styrofoam? Asking for a friend.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Way to expensive for what's undoubtedly hot garbage. They're probably gonna sell a ton of them to stupid people.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

I spent $300 on two retro stockpile sticks because I love them.

If you think it's worth the spend, who cares? The price point of things is so fucking absurd at this point. Let the sheep get skinned. My collection is complete, I'm done acquiring. I can just sit back and laugh at the rubes.

I'd rather someone spend $65 on a beat ass controller and enjoy the games than jerk off next to their graded / UV protected display objects and their "comic book dog pedophilia tribute" statues.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd rather someone spend $65 on a beat ass controller and enjoy the games than jerk off next to their graded / UV protected display objects and their "comic book dog pedophilia tribute" statues.

you will need more than $65 to get a statue of a boy and dog having sex in an urn.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Ha. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I really cant stand the steeply angled buttons on the old style stick. They just don't fit my hand well. My main NEO•GEO controller is a bean stick with a balltop pulled from an oldstyle stick fitted on it.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I agree with chode on this, I dont like the steep angle either and I have pretty small hands.

Thats why I made my own sticks with nice Seimitsu parts and a manageable button layout.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I really cant stand the steeply angled buttons on the old style stick. They just don't fit my hand well. My main NEO•GEO controller is a bean stick with a balltop pulled from an oldstyle stick fitted on it.

I didn't like it at first until I realized it was designed to use your thumb on the A button, whereas every other joystick it's the index finger.

Now I don't mind it at all.