BlazePro Neo Geo Bootlegs

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
According to post made a while back by db-electronics, yes. I'm more in the camp that the 3.3v components will have a limited lifetime than the motherboard being damaged.

https://web.archive.org/web/2017071.../the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

OK thanks for that. I'm no expert on these things of course but I cant understand why they dont just use the proper components, is it that much cheaper for them to produce with the 3.3v as opposed to 5v, surly not.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
OK thanks for that. I'm no expert on these things of course but I cant understand why they dont just use the proper components, is it that much cheaper for them to produce with the 3.3v as opposed to 5v, surly not.

Partly because of cost and mostly because of availability. 5v memory doesn't come in the densities needed to reproduce large neo games and the larger densities (16-32mbit) have been obsolete for 20 years. Anything that is 64mbit or higher is pretty much 3.3v (or lower) only. And if you look at the master list, the vast majority of neo titles are in the multi hundreds in the meg count.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Anyone having issues puchasing one with their cards? I've never had to appeal a purchase to complete it's and I'm not comfortable sending a ton of private info to the site to verify its me.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Quick overview I made. Not really to happy with it :

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
According to post made a while back by db-electronics, yes. I'm more in the camp that the 3.3v components will have a limited lifetime than the motherboard being damaged.

https://web.archive.org/web/2017071.../the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

Honestly, for a cheap bootleg, who cares if the cart dies early. Just buy another one if you want to keep playing.

Now if this was the case with one of those frog specials for 200+ euros, I'd be understandably pissed.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I need my boots to work with a converter! Do they sell just the shells? Those look really nice.
BB

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Why do you you only have 3 buttons on your cab? Or did I misunderstand you?

It's a standard jamma cab. I use it mainly with non-neo geo games that requires less buttons. I once bought replacement buttons and a bit to drill a hole in the metal panel. But in the end I decided I would like to keep it original. I play everything Neo GEo on my AES or Supergun (or CD)

tangemo

New Challenger
Quick overview I made. Not really to happy with it :

Thanks for posting and trying it with a converter. Would be nice if these worked on AES w/ converter, has anyone else tried different games or had better luck?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You have a link for that?? I know the yellow ones are for sale seperately but I'm referring to these new red and green/turquoise ones.
BB

I do believe they have shell only on alieexpress for 15 USD

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
To clarify more about the 3.3v on 5v hardware, yes. The cartridge will die before the console does. It's only a problem, when you introduce SD media to the equation. If not properly level shifted, a poorly built SD flash cartridge will actually damage your system and the SD card. But in terms of these cheaper Chinese bootlegs, The Flash will more likely die than the console. Even the 161 in 1 sufferers from this.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You get your games yet?
I still may grab a couple of boots to use as tools..Not a fan of the multi china carts though as they are too finicky.
BB

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
You get your games yet?
I still may grab a couple of boots to use as tools..Not a fan of the multi china carts though as they are too finicky.
BB

for some reason, local USPS is holding my game hostage. Gotta wait until they release it for redelivery.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The French make 400 €, ~450$ bootlegs, that cost 210€ new (source: I have one). You Americans provided us with 30'000$ bootlegs and NeoGeoFreak.

I'm not American.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Green ones, same seller:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859748601.html

You probably need to message them for the red ones.
I ordered 4 red MVS carts, with inserts and shockboxes - Ironclad, Ghostlop, Metal Slug 2 Turbo, and Samurai Shodown V Perfect.

A fine selection IMO, and winging its way to the UK right now :-) All-in was USD 320.00.

Can these roms be found for NeoSD? PM me if so (assuming it's frowned upon to post in this thread, otherwise please do so! I want to download them in .neo format). It would be cool to add 'em to the Neo SD :-)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I ordered 4 red MVS carts, with inserts and shockboxes - Ironclad, Ghostlop, Metal Slug 2 Turbo, and Samurai Shodown V Perfect.

A fine selection IMO, and winging its way to the UK right now :-) All-in was USD 320.00.

Can these roms be found for NeoSD? PM me if so (assuming it's frowned upon to post in this thread, otherwise please do so! I want to download them in .neo format). It would be cool to add 'em to the Neo SD :-)

Download the roms and use the included converter program from TO? What is so hard about that?