BlazePro Neo Geo Bootlegs

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
blazepro manufactured Unholy Night on SNES...felt half decent.

Interesting that they're bundling a softbox with it. I'd actually be interested in softboxes for MVS carts for a cheaper price than the ones out there right now.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Apparently they are also adding Samurai Shodown V Perfect to their list. So for those wanting a physical copy for real Neo Geo hardware, this may be the only way to do so.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Apparently they are also adding Samurai Shodown V Perfect to their list. So for those wanting a physical copy for real Neo Geo hardware, this may be the only way to do so.

This is interesting. Makes me wonder how many other places will do the same ASAP.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

NCI is putting together an AES release and MVS kits for V Special Final Edition/V Perfect. I bet you these Chinese boards will be a heck of a lot cheaper though.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
As long as you're buying a fake yellow cart, just get the 161 and be done with it.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
As long as you're buying a fake yellow cart, just get the 161 and be done with it.

Apparently they're switching to the nice mint green shells now. These will be cheaper, but I am interested to see what NCI is offering.

Love the channel btw, always look forward to more Neo reviews.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
NCI is putting together an AES release and MVS kits for V Special Final Edition/V Perfect. I bet you these Chinese boards will be a heck of a lot cheaper though.

Cheaper, yes. But cheaper don't mean better. if NCI can make a proper 5v SamShoV Perfect, I would rather have that.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Cheaper, yes. But cheaper don't mean better. if NCI can make a proper 5v SamShoV Perfect, I would rather have that.

NCI sucks. The print quality of the inserts and manuals is bad. When I got a Japanese copy of Slug 5 and compared them it was laughable. Also the snap locks are crap. Like white lines from weak plastic? NCI has you covered.

Game play wise, Metal Slug randomly froze while the music continued and Strikers had totally corrupted backgrounds. This was on a 3-6 console. I've switched to a 3-5 and swallowed the price for home carts since then.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
NCI sucks. The print quality of the inserts and manuals is bad. When I got a Japanese copy of Slug 5 and compared them it was laughable. Also the snap locks are crap. Like white lines from weak plastic? NCI has you covered.

Game play wise, Metal Slug randomly froze while the music continued and Strikers had totally corrupted backgrounds. This was on a 3-6 console. I've switched to a 3-5 and swallowed the price for home carts since then.
attachment.php

But redfield... They're beautiful...

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Interesting that they're bundling a softbox with it. I'd actually be interested in softboxes for MVS carts for a cheaper price than the ones out there right now.

Truth, when I saw the v2 161 from CloudGamerX's last thread I was more intrigued by the idea of a more affordable shockbox alternative. If someone picks one of these up I'd like to know the quality of the box!

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I actually bought my 161 in 1 v2 from these guys. I have since given that 161 in 1 to a friend of mine, as a birthday present. I am going to look into getting another 161 in 1, but with a shockbox this time.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
attachment.php

But redfield... They're beautiful...

Beautiful is not the word I'd use lol. When I bought metal slug 2, I really looked over a NCI copy. Their short comings are with the inserts and manuals but I won't say why. Don't want our French friends to get wise.

The label on the other hand was scary. There are things wrong with it, once again I don't want to go into detail, but I can't understand HOW the mistake is even possible.

I honestly believe NCI has access to the original art used by SNK for some of their releases. It's the only way to explain this mistake with the metal slug 2 label. Thankfully there are some games NCI can't make, like an english Metal Slug 5.

I'm currently watching "There are no fakes" on Amazon right now, so bootleg fuckery is on my mind.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
That rear artwork is legit ugly. They’re mixing assets from SSV and SSVS, which is a bonehead design choice. What’s up with the blue and orange paint splatters? They don’t go with the rest of the insert. They made it look like a bootleg. After shipping it’s almost $500 USD. No thanks.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
That rear artwork is legit ugly. They’re mixing assets from SSV and SSVS, which is a bonehead design choice. What’s up with the blue and orange paint splatters? They don’t go with the rest of the insert. They made it look like a bootleg. After shipping it’s almost $500 USD. No thanks.

just wait for china to do it at a cheaper price... you know they will

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Blech. I'll wait for NeoOldStore to do a repro... if I even bother with V Perfect. Their repros are never over $250 and are generally great quality from what I've tested (Pulstar). I don't have any of their repros in my collection at the moment, but I have ordered a bunch of repro cases and inserts over the last year or so to house my bare carts and I've been generally impressed with the overall quality. They're not reference quality, but the closest I've seen.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
The PCB's look similar to the NG:Dev ones. Things like this I have no problem with, I'd prefer people to use services like this than use doner carts so long as these PCB's cant cause damage to the motherboards.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I decided to say fuck it, and give BlazePro a try. They made the custom carts available today, and they're $65 shipped for me. I will keep you guys up to date on what I think of it when it comes in.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I decided to say fuck it, and give BlazePro a try. They made the custom carts available today, and they're $65 shipped for me. I will keep you guys up to date on what I think of it when it comes in.

Sweet. I'm considering Ironclad and Ghostlop. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Oh they have Metal Slug 2 Turbo.

I honestly might get ghostlop and ironclad and MS2 Turbo. Eager to see if these are built correctly.