Matrimelee AES Cart broken?

Ochi

n00b
I have a problem with my AES Matrimelee Cart.

Ever time I start the game the screen shows me only a lot of pixels and no sound. See attached image

The game itself seems to work somehow, because I can navigate through the menu.

Do you have a hint for me?

The other games I've tested (Pulstar, Metal Slug 4, Garou, Aero Fighters 2) work, but this also took a while. Sometimes I only got a white screen or a picture without sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200715-011440.png
    Screenshot_20200715-011440.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 86

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I'm gonna guess if your other games are taking a while to get working as well, it's a dirty cart slot. Later neo titles with larger Meg counts are more finicky about perfect contact in the cart slot.

Ochi

n00b
Thanks.

I try to clean my cart slot when I'm at home.

I tried it already yesterday with a credit card within a tissue, but maybe the cleaning was insufficient

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Clean your carts as well. I use 90% or higher isopropyl alcohol and q-tips to clean my cart pins. If they're dirty, you'll see the q-tip turn black where you've been cleaning the pins. That's the first thing I do whenever I get an AES game in, and I've never had an issue with any of them.

Ochi

n00b
So, I cleaned everything and Matrimelee has still the same bugs.

I've also tested SNK vs. Capcom , a game with more Megs, and this works flawlessly.

Any other Ideas?

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Open the cart and check for cold solder joints. Intermittent connections from the board could cause the graphics issue while still "working"

Ochi

n00b
After a little bit of testing the game works flawlessly this way:

Insert game, power on AES, buggy image as seen above, power console off, leave game inserted, power AES on and now i can play the game without glitches.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That sounds a lot like a 1 slot CMVS I had a while back. A couple of higher meg games (notably Metal Slug X and MOTW) would be really picky about working and I would have to try a few times to make them work. I always assumed the cart slot was going out but that system died of other causes before I could properly diagnose. Those games were fine though and still work to this day in my current rig.