Where can you get replacement poly box inserts?

I’m looking for polystyrene for Neo geo Gold system. Got the system and the empty box and would like to restore it to its original (or as near as) Possible. Are theses available or repros?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You could get a block cut the right size and use a utility knife to replicate it based off of photos.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Why wouldn't he be? Polystyrene is srs bizness.

You could also just fold the box up, not worry about styrofoam and just play the system. That is probably the easiest solution.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Why wouldn't he be? Polystyrene is srs bizness.

You could also just fold the box up, not worry about styrofoam and just play the system. That is probably the easiest solution.

how dare you suggest actually playing an AES on these forums. Shame.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Outside of preservationists, no one cares about the styrofoam.
You can buy generic box inserts for electronics I would start there.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Listen to lachlan and just cut a block of foam to shape. I wouldn't even bother cutting compartments, why the fuck do you want to store video game shit in styrofoam?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Reproduction foam? Get out of here with that. The console lost 90% of it's value the day that was thrown out.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Listen to lachlan and just cut a block of foam to shape. I wouldn't even bother cutting compartments, why the fuck do you want to store video game shit in styrofoam?

I haven't see one of your amazing drawings in a while.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
So many cool projects to make that AES *yours* and you chose to "repro" a styrofoam insert. That's a new one.

I can only think about the MVS thread with plenty of cool projects like a MVS in an ammo box, maybe you should join in with your foam insert to show them who's boss.:keke: