New member saying hi!

Hi all, great to join you all. I just acquired a Neo Geo (very interesting story for another day) and wanted to chat to other owners and fans about this amazing system/library. Anyway hi and have a great day! Ady

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
You’re off to a great start by missing the correct sub forum this post should have been in. :)

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
If you wanna be part of the forum, Imma need you to bust a nut on your new gold system and post pics.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
welcome to drama llama land.
I hope you have thick skin.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Welcome dude. This is the forum other forums fear, so I hope you have a thick skin :-) Other than that, the tough mofos here are the best guys you will ever meet IMO. The anti-snowflakes :-) Don't be alarmed at their comments. Just man up, heh.

In other news, got an everdrive yet?

Last edited:
Hi Pin, appreciate the welcome. As for thick skin man, they didn't bother me in the playground when I was 12 and they ain't gonna start now! Life is too short for the neg.
To respond to a couple comments - no plans to go MVS carts are dull looking and where's the fun in the easy option. Not only staying AES but trying to keep it US/English. And before the big boys jump on me :) not interested in full set so why not keep it us/English
Everdrive? also not interested. I like the original or nothin. As for tribute, what is that? Ill happily oblige if pos.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I like the original or nothin.

Uh, heres the thing... the NEO•GEO arcade hardware predates the “AES” home console, so MVS is technically the original NEO•GEO. Also, AES is missing some games from its library, and has no exclusives. MVS on the other hand, has almost everything, and several games that were never released on AES or NGCD, making MVS the most “complete” NEO•GEO experience.

Of course, MVS is less glamorous in many ways, unless you go all out and buy a fancy arcade cabinet (which is way more expensive and arguably cooler than an AES, IMO)

So if having the most “original” NEO•GEO is what you want, get the MVS 1 slot “surfboard” with the metal cartridge guide, inside a Big Red Cabinet or one of those rare early japanese cabs with the blue hood/shade thing over the screen. That seems like a more worthy endeavor than buying four thousand+ dollar english AES carts in minty shape. I personally own an AES and an MVS, and a CD, but i dont own any games worth thousands, nor do i care to.

Take a good look at the NEO•GEO’s library of games. Dare i say download a romset and try out all of them. See which ones you really like. You may find that the amount of games you want to own and are actually willing to pay the huge price for is smaller than you’d expect. I found my favorite few neo games and i play them over and over... at the end of the day i only care to play a handful of neo games. When i got into the hobby i bought several titles that i heard were good and ended up not liking them at all and sold them. I find collecting games that i dont resonate with to be a huge waste, especially when there may be another human being out there who really loves said game genuinely. A smaller collection of items that are super special to you is much more enjoyable than a shelf full of STUFF...

But, do whatever you want with your $... i just ranting a bit here

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
^
Talk about falling on deaf ears. The MVS carts are 'dull' to 'look' at. He has exposed his inner collectard to us all and is now tainted.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
If you're gonna play your home carts make sure they wear condoms. Autists will try and low ball you over insertion marks when you sell. Which you will. Your path of the English will only end in sadness.

Oh and by "tribute", we need you to ejaculate on your gold system. In order to prove you're in it for the long haul you must solidify your resolve. You cum every day and just throw it in a sock anyways, might as well put it to use.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Hi Pin, appreciate the welcome. As for thick skin man, they didn't bother me in the playground when I was 12 and they ain't gonna start now! Life is too short for the neg.
To respond to a couple comments - no plans to go MVS carts are dull looking and where's the fun in the easy option. Not only staying AES but trying to keep it US/English. And before the big boys jump on me :) not interested in full set so why not keep it us/English
Everdrive? also not interested. I like the original or nothin. As for tribute, what is that? Ill happily oblige if pos.
Why do you want to collect for the Neo Geo, especially English AES only? From your post, it sounds like you just want to look like a high roller with those US/Euro AES games lining the shelf. You obviously want to spend more money for the hell of it, so having others boost up your internet ego is important to you. Nothing from your post tells me that you want to collect for the Neo Geo because you love it.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Why do you want to collect for the Neo Geo, especially English AES only? From your post, it sounds like you just want to look like a high roller with those US/Euro AES games lining the shelf. You obviously want to spend more money for the hell of it, so having others boost up your internet ego is important to you. Nothing from your post tells me that you want to collect for the Neo Geo because you love it.

Straight fucking truth bomb. Nobody gives a shit if you have english games. Nobody in the real world knows what a fuck a neo geo even is.

I have a very small collection of games (9 games and 1 on the way) but I'm only getting what I love. I have some hard to come by english games and they get played just as much as my Japanese games. I never made a rule saying english only. I take what I can get.

They.Get.Played.

I've even set up a PVM in my office so I can play a few quick levels of metal slug in between conference calls and I'm getting a second AES for the living room.

Your quest for reproduction fucking Styrofoam screams shelf queen collectard. You don't give a shit about the games. You showed up in 2020 looking for status. Better late than never I guess.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Oh and by "tribute", we need you to ejaculate on your gold system. In order to prove you're in it for the long haul you must solidify your resolve.

Listen to this man, you will obey or you will be shunned! I would think about being open to having both English and Japanese games as some of the best AES games only came out in Japan ( sonic wings 3 for instance if you like shoot em ups).

Edit- I didn’t realize you where the guy asking about repro styrofoam. It’s not about mynute bull shit like that for most of us. See you at the party Richter!

Attachments

• 17FE7933-92C5-4E25-B33E-54C82DA8C419.jpeg
    17FE7933-92C5-4E25-B33E-54C82DA8C419.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Listen to this man, you will obey or be shunned! I would think about being open to having both English and Japanese games as some of the best AES games only came out in Japan ( sonic wings 3 for instance if you like shoot em ups).

See you at the party Richter!

US MVS has both sonic wings AND Strikers 1945 Plus. AES = fail

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member

Go get em Digmac! This will be a fair one on one fight, no weapons and no one jumping in mid fight. ( ps I got your back dig!)

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I have no qualms with what anyone wants to collect. There’s nothing inherently wrong with buying US only AES games, and he may very well feel passionate about US games. BUT... i think limiting yourself to US AES releases is very impractical. It’s best to own both AES and MVS, and buy games for both platforms, and all regions. US AES only is just way too limiting for my personal tastes. A lot of US games are pretty much unobtainable, and you’re gonna have to be REALLY careful of bootlegs. Like seriously, board pics or DO NOT buy. Dropping thousands on a game with no board pics is pure retardation. For a normal person who doesnt want to spend mortgage/car money on video games, US only AES is pretty much a dead end. If you make a shit ton of money and can afford buying tons of US carts, and can be careful enough to avoid bootlegs, by all means do it. But more people here will laugh at you for buying overpriced games than they will be impressed by it.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
^
Talk about falling on deaf ears. The MVS carts are 'dull' to 'look' at. He has exposed his inner collectard to us all and is now tainted.

I disagree that MVS carts are dull. They have a cool industrial heavy duty look to them. and that Strikers 1945 Plus cart i just bought is a really cool funtastic green color. AES carts only came in black, but MVS carts come in many colors :)

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I personally don’t care what Neo Geo platform or region someone collects, but there are people out there who view US/Euro AES games as some sort of luxury item and they buy up the games because it’s a status symbol. This guy has made it sound like he doesn’t care what he spends, he just wants “the best”. Getting into the Neo Geo for show and display purposes is the wrong reason to get into the Neo Geo. People like MetalSlugVet are legit because he plays and enjoys what he scoops, same with redfield and others here. There isn’t anything wrong with scooping up US/Euro AES titles, but the Big Tymer mentality has got to go.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Shelf queen alert... styrofoam is srs business, ok?