SamSho III
SamSho II
Super Sidekicks
Shock Troopers
Art of Fighting 2
Sengoku 2

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I'd like to add that if I wanted to make a lineup for the casual gamer or for somebody that's super new to the Neo Geo who doesn't want to go all in with fighting games, I'd wager:

Puzzle Bobble
Ultimate 11
Spinmasters
Metal Slug 1
Ninja Combat
Sonic Wings 2

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Metal slug
Puzzle bobble
King of fighters 98
Blazing star
Ultimate 11
Samurai Shodown 2

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
KOF 98
Samurai Shodown 2
Puzzle Bobble
Neo Turf Masters
Metal Slug X
Baseball Stars 2

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Magical Drop 3
Windjammers
Metal Slug X
Garou MotW
Blazing Star
Nightmare in the Dark

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout 2
King of Fighters 97
King of Fighters 02
Metal slug 2
Shock Troopers

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Samurai Shodown 2
Ninja Master's
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug 3
Windjammers
Pulstar

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Am i the only one that finds windjammers to be slightly overrated? Worth burning a neo CD of.

i think my mind about the best 6 slot cab will change frequently, but right now it’s:
Blazing Star
Neo Turf Masters
Sonic Wings 3
Samurai Shodown II
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Puzzle Bobble 2

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Am i the only one that finds windjammers to be slightly overrated? Worth burning a neo CD of.

i think my mind about the best 6 slot cab will change frequently, but right now it’s:
Blazing Star
Neo Turf Masters
Sonic Wings 3
Samurai Shodown II
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Puzzle Bobble 2
Yeah, it’s overrated. I enjoy playing it when I do, but it’s ideally played with two people. Since I always play Neo by myself, it doesn’t get as much play time as other titles. I’m hanging onto my copy to see where the value goes and because it had the same owner in Japan since 96.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Last Blade 2
Samurai Shodown 4
Metal Slug 3
Sengoku 2
Baseball Stars 2
Last Resort

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, it’s overrated. I enjoy playing it when I do, but it’s ideally played with two people. Since I always play Neo by myself, it doesn’t get as much play time as other titles. I’m hanging onto my copy to see where the value goes and because it had the same owner in Japan since 96.
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't "get" Windjammers. I saw the game when it was new in the arcade and I thought it was awesome, but since then I've never really learned how to play it well. If I ever want to review it some day I'm either going to have to figure it out, or get someone else to explain it to me. If anything, I seem to have gotten worse at Windjammers, Flip Shot and Bang Bead since. Same goes for Super Dodgeball.

I respect these games a lot and am glad they're on the Neo, but I don't know how to play them worth a damn.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't "get" Windjammers. I saw the game when it was new in the arcade and I thought it was awesome, but since then I've never really learned how to play it well. If I ever want to review it some day I'm either going to have to figure it out, or get someone else to explain it to me. If anything, I seem to have gotten worse at Windjammers, Flip Shot and Bang Bead since. Same goes for Super Dodgeball.

I respect these games a lot and am glad they're on the Neo, but I don't know how to play them worth a damn.

That’s understandable; Windjammers, Flip Shot, and Bang Bead are definitely best when you have another person to play against. It’s all just pong/digital air hockey. Scoring a goal against the ai opponents isn’t nearly as satisfying as having a few drinks and playing against a buddy. The controls are easy enough for new players to jump in, yet varied enough to feel satisfying as they understand the specials, nuances of their characters, etc

Shmuppy

Banned
No brainer: 6x Success Joe, each with different difficulty settings to spice things up.

Dude, Wind is not hard to learn but hard to master. Last year I became 1st place after 8 years in our yearly big summer session. One of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had, people were screaming like crazy on the last match (it was effing close like special move counters all the time) and my blood pressure went rollercoaster. This game is so special... It would be a shame if you will not "get it".

If you need explanation on how this game works I would gladly support you, especially if you wanna make a video about it.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member

That’s exactly how I feel about Twinkle Star Sprites