Flipshot cart - component loose

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Hi All,

I have a Flipshot cart that has a small component loose. It is labeled on the board as "PC10". Is it a resistor? Can it easily be fixed? Is it a big deal ie. would it be safe to use this cart even with this component broken or would I be better off fixing it? I have attached some photos, the first one is from MVS scans, I put that there to illustrate which component it is better. The second and third photos are my actual cart.

Thanks all.

FrUA33D.jpg

Z1mZqnb.jpg

GZPTRtJ.jpg

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi All,

I have a Flipshot cart that has a small component loose. It is labeled on the board as "PC10". Is it a resistor? Can it easily be fixed? Is it a big deal ie. would it be safe to use this cart even with this component broken or would I be better off fixing it? I have attached some photos, the first one is from MVS scans, I put that there to illustrate which component it is better. The second and third photos are my actual cart.

Thanks all.

FrUA33D.jpg

Z1mZqnb.jpg

GZPTRtJ.jpg

brown smd are ceramic capacitors, black with readable fonts are resistors.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's an SMT Polar capacitor.
I see it as not a big deal but you can apply hot air or apply a blob of solder on it to re-seat it. Just make sure the edges don't connect to each other using the solder method.
BB

Ptchnk

n00b
It's a filter capacitor for the power supply line of the LS08. As you don't have a LS08 on this board because the P1 rom is < 2Mo, it is useless here and can just be removed.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I suggest tweezers and the smallest tip you have for your iron.