Ironclad MVS Conversion Issues

Ptchnk

n00b
What are the glitches you have. Apart from the ones you have on the spaceship on the moves screen which i actually also had on the few Ironclad conversions i've made, i hardly spot any from your video.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
What are the glitches you have. Apart from the ones you have on the spaceship on the moves screen which i actually also had on the few Ironclad conversions i've made, i hardly spot any from your video.

This minor glitching exists in other areas of the screen aswell. It's not gamebreaking, but it is distracting. It happens on the ship, enemy sprites, the title screen, bullets. Everything aside from the background has this minor glitching.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Try another cha board like the one you saw used or a cha256 and see what you yield.
I personally would never use 8 160's as I utilize those for the v or p roms.
4 322's and be done with it on a 256
BB

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Try another cha board like the one you saw used or a cha256 and see what you yield.
I personally would never use 8 160's as I utilize those for the v or p roms.
4 322's and be done with it on a 256
BB

I would use some 27c322s, if I had a programmer that supported it. Mine can only do up to 27c160, and I don't even have any spare 27c322s handy right now.

Ptchnk

n00b
Try another cha board like the one you saw used or a cha256 and see what you yield.I

The CHA42G-3 and the CHA256 don't work the same way.

The LS139 on the CHA42G-3 triggers the /E pins of the C-roms, while on the CHA256 it triggers the /G pins.

But the glitching is minor which means the program is able to read the different C roms.

Are you sure that you have no corroded traces on the common address lines of the C roms. I had one bad trace on a C8 address line on Shock Troopers recently and it gave me a few minor glitches on sprites in the game and menus. You would have to check the continuity between the A pins all of the C-roms

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You don't have a different cha board to try the eproms out on?? I'm sure you have a CHA256 you could use.....
BB

I would use some 27c322s, if I had a programmer that supported it. Mine can only do up to 27c160, and I don't even have any spare 27c322s handy right now.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
You don't have a different cha board to try the eproms out on?? I'm sure you have a CHA256 you could use.....
BB

The answer is yes and no. I do have two spare CHA boards, but I am waiting on my NE0-273 replacements to come in for them. One is a CHA512, the other is a CHA42G-3.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You don't have a working cart you can pull the 273 off of now??
BB

The answer is yes and no. I do have two spare CHA boards, but I am waiting on my NE0-273 replacements to come in for them. One is a CHA512, the other is a CHA42G-3.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
None readily available, unless I scrap one of my games in my collection. It's fine, I have already made arrangements for this cart.