Terraonion SNES flash cart

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I thought Yodd promised some coupon bullshit 50% off to Razo if he bought another instead of directly replacing it. If that was the case why would Razo have said anything about it? Seems to me revising history due to the bad publicity.

Lol needing save states.

Unless they can make a better product at a lower cost, there isn’t any point to another snes flash cart.

Cps1 multi or a cps1 fpga A board.

Real hardware practice is always welcome. Very useful for speedrun tricks,glitches, sequence breaks (like Super Metroid), or just messing around with boss AI.

Save states might be handy for practice I suppose but I've never used them.

If it's a matter of a game being too long, you can just pause it and leave the system on. Didn't some Japanese guy leave his system on for 20 years without issue?

The game in question was Umihara Kawase iirc. He didn't want his time trial saves to get deleted. Also he didn't leave it on for 20 years straight. He had to shut it down a few times.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Todd has shipped my replacement cart and its in transit. Todd and Alex have not asked me for any money.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I thought Yodd promised some coupon bullshit 50% off to Razo if he bought another instead of directly replacing it. If that was the case why would Razo have said anything about it? Seems to me revising history due to the bad publicity.

I said no such thing.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Alright Yodd so it wasn't you. You only told him to contact SAG out of your control etc.

I mentioned before that the cart did not have a scaling issue up until the firmware update that was sent. Maybe the cart did have a issue from the factory that I did not know of. How was I suppose to know the firmware would permanently screw up the hardware? And the cart was manufactured 2017 but I didn't purchase it from Stoneagegamer till either beginning or mid 2018. So relax yourself Beavis.

Whatever the case may be Alex said he would allow me to purchase a new cart at very fair price so I'm holding him to that.

That being said outside of this issu with the NeoSd I've been pretty happy with TO's products overall.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Referring to you as someone not to mess with, yes.

Not that you shouldn't mess with him.

TOMORROW.. if there is NO reply I am happy with... I am War room locking the member... "aam"...

Mainly because correcting me on gammar and even my use of ellipsis is not really open for debate...

My post was clear... about the ballache situ...

xROTx

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Real hardware practice is always welcome. Very useful for speedrun tricks,glitches, sequence breaks (like Super Metroid), or just messing around with boss AI.

I agree. I can't believe people on the other page were alluding to saves being useless. This would literally be the only reason I would sell my SD2SNES and buy something else is if it had a save function.

Let's face it, many of us (me definitely included) aren't quite as awesome at these games as we we might have been, and/or lack the practice time to get better, so save states would let me enjoy them all the way through, instead of enjoy them to level 5 only or whatever because I suck so bad and use up all my lives/continues lol. You can bypass this somewhat with codes, but those aren't available for all games (and some of them wreck portions of the game).

Also, with the faster paced lives we live (also not being like 10 years old and have all summer to play video games all day long), save games are simply a must. I can't think of any recent games that don't have the ability to save - and that's not by accident but because it makes sense (and because technology allows that easily now too).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I agree. I can't believe people on the other page were alluding to saves being useless. This would literally be the only reason I would sell my SD2SNES and buy something else is if it had a save function.

Let's face it, many of us (me definitely included) aren't quite as awesome at these games as we we might have been, and/or lack the practice time to get better, so save states would let me enjoy them all the way through, instead of enjoy them to level 5 only or whatever because I suck so bad and use up all my lives/continues lol. You can bypass this somewhat with codes, but those aren't available for all games (and some of them wreck portions of the game).

Also, with the faster paced lives we live (also not being like 10 years old and have all summer to play video games all day long), save games are simply a must. I can't think of any recent games that don't have the ability to save - and that's not by accident but because it makes sense (and because technology allows that easily now too).

I refuse to hear more sensible talk on this matter until tomorrow evening...

ANYONE posting anything sensible will be subject to a "review"... aam style...

Take note DOCH_ASS_TAGNION!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

I'm not gonna be a huge contrarian to say save states are useless but a good chunk of games that need save states actually already have battery backed SRAM. That and with this forum being focused on an arcade system which 1 hour 1 credit clears rule the land, I can see why people would deride save state users here.

Will this justify a completely different flashcart that would otherwise be identical to what's already out, and with probably not much of a price difference? That's up for people to judge, with their wallets, I guess...

Rot... pls no ban

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm not gonna be a huge contrarian to say save states are useless but a good chunk of games that need save states actually already have battery backed SRAM. That and with this forum being focused on an arcade system which 1 hour 1 credit clears rule the land, I can see why people would deride save state users here.

Will this justify a completely different flashcart that would otherwise be identical to what's already out, and with probably not much of a price difference? That's up for people to judge, with their wallets, I guess...

Rot... pls no ban

Dead man walking...

I'll kill this thread and entire Terraonion forum if I have too...

PS. Call it abuse of power... or whatever you want... BUT... I want a 24 hour blackout... on this thread...

And yes, I would happily nuke shit for a laugh...

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Rot... pls no ban

I only use them for games I don't care about or NES games when they'd give you 70 characters for a password.

Nice to have on the SNES but not a deal breaker. My pc engine and Genesis are save state-less and I haven't really cared so far.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I only use them for games I don't care about or NES games when they'd give you 70 characters for a password.

Nice to have on the SNES but not a deal breaker. My pc engine and Genesis are save state-less and I haven't really cared so far.
I hardly really have time to sit down in front of a TV for more than an hour at a time, so same states are awesome for longer NES games like Blaster Master or those insane password systems. Not to mention the SNES and Gen games that use save points, if something comes up and I need to turn the game off, I like the option to press a button and continue from there uninterrupted.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
aam = War Room locked....

I am gonna tell these n00bz a brutal truth... that this aint the free for all pussy forum that Alex runs...

Terraonion lets members go wild and the noise drowns out the message...

Not here... the message is, that there will be consequences if you manage to wake up the wrong guy...

THREE active mods... best figure out who they are and what makes them tick...

xROTx

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So is this still coming? If this is cheaper than than the SD2SNES then I'm buying.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Retro Bob from retro RGB mentioned this cart a few weeks ago, but still no official word from TO since the low-key announcement of it. I think I'll actually buy this because I have a cheap shitty Chinese everdrive That's only about 70% compatible it seems.