Terraonion SNES flash cart

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't know if I care about their PR quality, I mean customer service is important but probably only when you have to return/exchange one of their carts which honestly seems low risk so far anyway. Just shut the fuck up, buy it or don't and get on with your life. TO can recreate every flash cart out there and undercut existing solutions for all I care, it's the wild west when it comes to fucking ROM carts.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
For the record, I don't really know yodd that well. He seems like a nice enough guy who tries to do the right thing. but there's no denying it from the Neo Geo forums and all across the internet there is a vocal minority who is not happy with TO.

The company makes great products but they need to work on their image. With the products they offer, they should have a rabid band of tards that are willing to suck them off with the snap of a finger.

Have you been in the TO discord? MASSIVE amounts of retardation going on there.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Have you been in the TO discord? MASSIVE amounts of retardation going on there.

I warned Alex of this AGES ago...

Have own forum = Ballache...
Have an Open door policy to idiots = Ballache...
Have a weird sense of what you think is right and then post on twitter = Ballache...

NG.com is 2 decades old... and we have seen a LOT of ballache... but everyone knows, there's a sleeping power beneath it'e veneer....

We're like a viper that just let's you walk around it... until you manage to get it's attention even though you were just passing through...

Basically... fuck you if you don't like it... we'd rather kill you then admit we made a mistake...

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Have a weird sense of what you think is right and then post on twitter = Ballache...

NG.com is 2 decades old... and we have seen a LOT of ballache... but everyone knows, there's a sleeping power beneath it'e veneer....

We're like a viper that just let's you walk around it... until you manage to get it's attention even though you were just passing through...

Basically... fuck you if you don't like it... we'd rather kill you then admit we made a mistake...

xROTx

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :lolz:

aam

War Room Troll
So they are basically making a flashcart because some spanish guy is butthurt over a discussion with that krikzzzz guy.
Probably with some FPGA functionality that noone asked for.

I guess that's easier than fixing your existing products.

Last edited:

aam

War Room Troll

xROTx

then-vs-than.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rot's statement is grammatically correct either way, so LAY OFF!!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So they are basically making a flashcart because some spanish guy is butthurt over a discussion with that krikzzzz guy.
Probably with some FPGA functionality that noone asked for.

I guess that's easier than fixing your existing products.

Correct! Butthurt is the reason for many of their products!

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
You guys need some context as the conclusion (based off that tweet) is completely wrong.

While we have our own Discord server, we also have a channel on the Classic Gaming Discord. There are also channels for MiSTer, Retroarch and SD2SNES.

In our channel someone was going on and on saying that we should do a SNES cart. The conversation went back and forth and eventually someone is like "why don't you just use SD2SNES as the basis. It's open source after all".

So Alex went into the SD2SNES channel and @'d Ikari asking if we could license the SD2SNES software. I.E pay money to have a license to use it. We would design our own cartridge pcb and port over his software and add on whatever we wanted to complete our SNES cart. And holy shit, there were a couple very unhappy campers about that. Alex was almost immediately attacked by a user who said it would be "unethical" for Ikari to license his software since Krikzz already produces the SD2SNES carts (newsflash: it wouldn't be). So this argument went back and forth with multiple users arguing one side and then the other. Ikari wasn't active at the time and didn't see any of this until later.

At some point the conversation got dragged to Twitter and that tweet that was pictured above was sent in response to Alex getting tagged. And the "There is nothing better to make someone work than fear" wasn't directed at Ikari. It was directed at Krikzz. And anyone who had been following the conversation on the Discord would have known that however that context was lost on Twitter. Krikzz has been milking the Mega Drive flashcart market for 10 years with no competition until we released the MegaSD. That's what Alex was referring to. We put Krikzz into panic mode with the MegaSD and he had to respond.

Later on Ikari finally responded on Discord saying he wished Alex had contacted him in private to have avoided all of this mess (which we agree with). He didn't feel comfortable licensing it to us due to his relationship with Krikzz. So Alex made him a job offer. Come work with us on this and other projects. Ikari turned it down for now as he wants to continue working on the SD2SNES cart. However he mentioned he might be available next year so he wasn't ruling it out.

So there is the context to that tweet.

And we won't be using any SD2SNES code going forward as we have licensed the SNES MiSTer core code from srg320. We will build off that foundation.

thank you for sharing. the classic gaming discord has been a pleasant experience thus far.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Back to the cart, list of things I want:

1. 100% compatibility with all SNES games

2. GB and GBC support

3. Save states

4. MSU1 support

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
GBC support would be huge. That feature alone would get me excited for a new SNES cart.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

FIRSTLY... who the fuck are you and why would you even contemplate correcting me?

SECONDLY... and most importantly... You better come up with an answer I will take kindly to...

You have exactly 1 week from when I posted this to give me a satisfactory answer...

xROTx

PS. Did I mention something about a Viper... well.. you just met one...

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
FIRSTLY... who the fuck are you and why would you even contemplate correcting me?

SECONDLY... and most importantly... You better come up with an answer I will take kindly to...

You have exactly 1 week from when I posted this to give me a satisfactory answer...

xROTx

PS. Did I mention something about a Viper... well.. you just met one...

:keke:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
He's not been on since the 23rd, lol.

This is why you don't start shit with someone you don't know.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Referring to you as someone not to mess with, yes.

Not that you shouldn't mess with him.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I didn't knew vipers had nipples to rub or collected AES carts but here we are. Learning something new every day!

aam isn't going to show up and the reason is obvious.