Terraonion SNES flash cart

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I see the problem here - using Twitter and Discord. You guys should know better.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Stop covering for absolutely horrible customer service on premium products. It's BS and you know it. If you have to cover for all the crap that TO spews out to its customers, you're an idiot. They don't take care of their customers at all who are spending big bux on these products. Simple as that.

Since I’m the one that deals with customers and tech support, you care to back that statement up?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Since I’m the one that deals with customers and tech support, you care to back that statement up?

If you take care of all customer interaction then why is neosd on here stirring the pot with people and acting like a dick? Why did the whole situation with Razo happen and end up going so poorly? I know other people off the forum who have had issues with TO. If you take care of customer service, then why is it so nonexistent for some?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Arguments get heated. Stuff happens.

We all say stuff in the heat of the moment that later we look back on and say "yeah, that was stupid".

Well, he’s Spanish after all.
:lolz:

What a shitty image TO projects to the world - deriding the community you want money from.

I'll help:
You guys need some context as the conclusion (based off that tweet) is completely wrong.

While we have our own Discord server, we also have a channel on the Classic Gaming Discord. There are also channels for MiSTer, Retroarch and SD2SNES.

In our channel someone was going on and on saying that we should do a SNES cart. The conversation went back and forth and eventually someone is like "why don't you just use SD2SNES as the basis. It's open source after all".

So Alex went into the SD2SNES channel and @'d Ikari asking if we could license the SD2SNES software. I.E pay money to have a license to use it. We would design our own cartridge pcb and port over his software and add on whatever we wanted to complete our SNES cart. And holy shit, there were a couple very unhappy campers about that. Alex was almost immediately attacked by a user who said it would be "unethical" for Ikari to license his software since Krikzz already produces the SD2SNES carts (newsflash: it wouldn't be). So this argument went back and forth with multiple users arguing one side and then the other. Ikari wasn't active at the time and didn't see any of this until later.

At some point the conversation got dragged to Twitter and that tweet that was pictured above was sent in response to Alex getting tagged. And the "There is nothing better to make someone work than fear" wasn't directed at Ikari. It was directed at Krikzz. And anyone who had been following the conversation on the Discord would have known that however that context was lost on Twitter. Krikzz has been milking the Mega Drive flashcart market for 10 years with no competition until we released the MegaSD. That's what Alex was referring to. We put Krikzz into panic mode with the MegaSD and he had to respond.♥

Later on Ikari finally responded on Discord saying he wished Alex had contacted him in private to have avoided all of this mess (which we agree with). He didn't feel comfortable licensing it to us due to his relationship with Krikzz. So Alex made him a job offer. Come work with us on this and other projects. Ikari turned it down for now as he wants to continue working on the SD2SNES cart. However he mentioned he might be available next year so he wasn't ruling it out.♥

So there is the context to that tweet.♥

And we won't be using any SD2SNES code going forward as we have licensed the SNES MiSTer core code from srg320. We will build off that foundation.

Maybe you should keep your boss on a shorter leash or they should get their money back from you because your "PR skillz" are garbage.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It's sad how much of a fuckin' dick Yodd became once he got some "power" in a Discord channel and started making videos. Used to be a super nice guy and one of the good ones on here like mjmjmjmjmjmjjjr.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
broken is a good guy he just works with shit ppl, been there done that.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
broken is a good guy he just works with shit ppl, been there done that.
This. Never had an issue with him, but Alex is definitely not one for being friendly online.

You still making videos Yodd?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If you take care of all customer interaction then why is neosd on here stirring the pot with people and acting like a dick? Why did the whole situation with Razo happen and end up going so poorly? I know other people off the forum who have had issues with TO. If you take care of customer service, then why is it so nonexistent for some?

The situation with Razo didn't need to happen and I wish it hadn't. However I have been staying in contact with him and should have his replacement cart in his hands in probably the next two weeks. We didn't have any extra carts on hand and had to wait until the next production cycle for more to be built. Then Covid screwed up everything for everyone.

However we will ship him his replacement cart very soon and going forward we are making sure to maintain a small stock of all of our products for warranty purposes. So that way, when something like this happens even when we don't "officially" have stock, we can still do warranty swaps.

As far as other people having issues, I can't attest to what is going on there. If they have an issue with a TO product, they can always email support@terraonion.com (which I take care of), they can tag us in a Tweet (I maintain the TO twitter account), they can PM me here on this forum or on the TO forum. Basically get in touch with me and I will do everything I can to take care of the situation.

You still making videos Yodd?

When I have free time I occasionally do.

tangemo

New Challenger
SD2SNES doesn't have official save state support last I checked. The unofficial firmware that has it will erase all the saves on the cart if you accidentally hit the wrong button combo.

This.

Now the latest SD2SNES has become the FXPAK pro. It's moving more into that last 1% compatibility but I'd really like to see someone figure out save state support in a SNES flashcart.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This.

Now the latest SD2SNES has become the FXPAK pro. It's moving more into that last 1% compatibility but I'd really like to see someone figure out save state support in a SNES flashcart.
I'm still using the fan-made SD2SNES firmware. Save states are too important for busy adults playing old games. Lack of save states is the reason I'm not playing through many Turbografx games.

If anyone makes another SNES flashcart, there is only one open lane, and that's the one with save state support. Other than that, what else are you bringing to the table? Lower price maybe?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I'm still using the fan-made SD2SNES firmware. Save states are too important for busy adults playing old games. Lack of save states is the reason I'm not playing through many Turbografx games.

If anyone makes another SNES flashcart, there is only one open lane, and that's the one with save state support. Other than that, what else are you bringing to the table? Lower price maybe?

Lol needing save states.

Unless they can make a better product at a lower cost, there isn’t any point to another snes flash cart.

Cps1 multi or a cps1 fpga A board.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

if that is what is being included, than I'd consider it. I simply don't have the time or patience to just "git gud" in these games anymore, I want to enjoy it at my pace and get to the end.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Save states might be handy for practice I suppose but I've never used them.

If it's a matter of a game being too long, you can just pause it and leave the system on. Didn't some Japanese guy leave his system on for 20 years without issue?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior

If it's a matter of a game being too long, you can just pause it and leave the system on. Didn't some Japanese guy leave his system on for 20 years without issue?

What game takes 20 years to complete? :o

If I want save states I play via emulation, Dont normally need them unless its a absolute fucker of a game.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Lol needing save states.

Unless they can make a better product at a lower cost, there isn’t any point to another snes flash cart.

Cps1 multi or a cps1 fpga A board.
No idea what's "lol" about that. I'm using them to be able to pick up where I left off; not for cheating. The Neo doesn't really need them, for example, because the games are short and have memory card save.

I would never leave the system on that long. Sometimes it's days or weeks before I come back to it.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
We have some great stuff planned for the SNES cart.

While the SD2SNES is great, I don’t get the mentality that providing consumers with a choice is bad. Competition ultimately benefits the consumer.

And our cartridge will not be more expensive than the SD2SNES.

I agree that competition is good and wouldn’t discourage TO from making it. But know that when there’s already a really high quality established alternative out there, enthusiasm just isn’t going to be as high if all you’re doing is competing with a similar price.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
No idea what's "lol" about that. I'm using them to be able to pick up where I left off; not for cheating. The Neo doesn't really need them, for example, because the games are short and have memory card save.

I would never leave the system on that long. Sometimes it's days or weeks before I come back to it.

Then just play on an emulator. I can’t think of a single snes game I’ve needed to use save states on.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Then just play on an emulator. I can’t think of a single snes game I’ve needed to use save states on.
I was playing Jerry Boy. We have the technology. The fan-made firmware works and just needs some debugging.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Don't sweat it. The SNES only uses ~5w ;)

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I left my Saturn on and went on vacation for 2 weeks. Still works perfectly but I thought to myself...dumbass.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I fondly remember when Yodd was just a funstering youngster... on the eyeline of my vision....

Sometimes, I do ponder if I made the right choices during my stint here on NG.com and across the gaming infrastructure....

BUT I'll tell you one thing... no matter what happens, Yodd is my friend... and I believe that HE believes in what he is doing.. and so until Alex does something truly dumb I can't ignore... then I'm relaxing in chat...

With my whisky bottle... CHEERZ mofos... have one on me...

xROTx

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
For the record, I don't really know yodd that well. He seems like a nice enough guy who tries to do the right thing. but there's no denying it from the Neo Geo forums and all across the internet there is a vocal minority who is not happy with TO.

The company makes great products but they need to work on their image. With the products they offer, they should have a rabid band of tards that are willing to suck them off with the snap of a finger.