your favorite NEO-GEO music

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I've recently been obsessed with SONIC WINGS 3's soundtrack. That first level song is addictive! What are your favourite neo tunes? Pulstar and Metal Slug 1 are other all time favs, those games have no bad tracks.. :-J Duck King's theme from Fatal Fury Special is another one i think about often, a real ear worm.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Sonic Wings 3 absolutely rocks. I love it. Viewpoint is also awesome. Dunk Dream is great and fits the game perfectly. I really enjoy listening to the Fatal Fury OSTs and seeing how the different tracks progressed through the years. Pulstar and Blazing Star have some legit tracks too. Tons of great music on the Neo. Sonic Wings 3 and Viewpoint take the cake for me though.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Metal slug 3 zombie music

Neo Turf Masters is bop after bop

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I really enjoy the music in Metal Slug X and MOTW. MOTW especially. Shit gets me hype

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Sonic Wings 3 absolutely rocks. I love it. Viewpoint is also awesome. Dunk Dream is great and fits the game perfectly. I really enjoy listening to the Fatal Fury OSTs and seeing how the different tracks progressed through the years. Pulstar and Blazing Star have some legit tracks too. Tons of great music on the Neo. Sonic Wings 3 and Viewpoint take the cake for me though.

I almost forgot about viewpoint's music. Yes it is amazing as well... I recreated the lead sound on the first level theme with my Korg MS-20 mini perfectly one time. :D

Neo Turf Masters is bop after bop

I love NTM's music as well. i feel like Nazca actually bothered to use some of the YM2610's FM synthesis capabilities rather than only using samples as many neo-geo games do. Nazca tastefully mixed FM with samples with excellent results.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
KOF'96, great tunes!

Agreed!

Top soundtracks for me go to KOF 95, KOF 96, and Fatal Fury Special. These are the soundtracks I listen to the most outside of actual gameplay.

Some favorite stand alone tracks across multiple games: Rick's theme from Real Bout 2, FF Team theme from KOF 94 (sick bass beat), Mai's and Sokaku's themes from Real Bout Special, Kula's theme from KOF 2K, and Kaede's theme from Last Blade 1.

The Neo is FULL of great tunes, though.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
KOF'96, great tunes!

All the kof's have good soundtracks but 96 really stands out

Waku Waku 7 has some good ones especially Arina's stage. The arranged version is the only redeeming thing about the Saturn port

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Some of my faves.

Magician Lord
K.O.T. M. 2
Blazing Star
Slug 2
Last Resort (lots of great tunes here)
Robo Army

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
For me,

Magician Lord (the bass tracks are fire in this game)
Blazing Star
KOF 95-98,and 2000
Neo Turf Masters
Samurai Shodown II
Metal Slug 1-3

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The CD arrangements of some of the KOF games and Real Bout Special are the best IMO.

Honorable mention to the AOF3 intro. Dat bass, son.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
some of my favorite neo geo songs are
kof 94 japan theme
blazing star 1st and 4th stage
metal slug 5 first and boss stage
ultimate 11 menu theme
samurai shodown galford theme
mutation nation first stage

I will say one of my favorites has to be kof 94 England theme. such a badass and memorable song for me when I played it as a kid and that song stuck with me for many years. it was something about it that was catchy and made me remember playing it back in the arcades

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Eightman has some super badass songs.
Matrimelee has a great soundtrack.
Cyber-lip has awesome sound effects and voice acting.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
For sure Last Resort has one of the best OST's for the system. I'd say KOF95 is up there too

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
maybe
cool stage too

overall I prefer kof 96 though

Last edited:

Gaoh

New Challenger
Samurai Shodown IV - the two devah kings
Every kof soundtrack including the arrange cd’s

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't know if I could narrow down my favorites, but here are a couple tracks that I've grown especially fond of
somewhat recently despite being familiar with them for years.