161 in 1 version 2?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I got one from AliExpress while it was on sale. So far, the difference is are in what the menu looks like , and the fact that one of the Hacked games was replaced with Kabuki Klash. I am still waiting for it to arrive.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
So I did get in my 161 in 1 V2 cartridge, and there are some notable differences. For one, the shell is green and has all of the gadget UK fixes integrated in the board already. The menu itself looks different, as they fixed the really crappy drawing of Terry and replaced it with a rather nice-looking silhouette.

Looks like maybe a couple games were changed out. Unfortunately, Mark of the Wolves still has that notorious bug where the game crashes from using Kim Jae Hoon's T.O.P. attack.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
i may have to finally bite the bullet and get myself a 161. simply for the fact that it has almost all the shooters ever made for the MVS on it.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Neat! I have the one basic linked above, and like he said it had all of the common fixes already applied. I've had no issues with it at all. I always hated seeing that terrible terry but Pick 'n Mix on 4.0 solved that so unless there's confirmation there's new games I'll stick with my banana cart

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
I hate that scummy Chinese dog shit. There aren't even 30 good Neo Geo games and they find a way to pack in 161 without including all the good ones.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
i may have to finally bite the bullet and get myself a 161. simply for the fact that it has almost all the shooters ever made for the MVS on it.

It'd be a far smarter decision than giving $500 for Pulstar or $1000 for Twinkle Star Sprites to some sweaty nerd who bought them when they were dirt cheap.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
AES 161in1 Version 2 Upgrades:
Original design for AES console.
New Game Selection menu.
Games are listing in alphabetical order.
Game selected cursor position keep after next power on.
Start game graphic corruption issue fixed, no need to press RESET to return normal display.
C.T.H.D games fixed, now can play on AES console.
All found issues on AES console of the MVS 161in1 are fixed.
Special design for AES console with TTL buffer chips for the 68K Data Bus.
ShockBox with new design AES 161 in 1 Insert.

Game list:
6Zn0HpC.jpg

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
It'd be a far smarter decision than giving $500 for Pulstar or $1000 for Twinkle Star Sprites to some sweaty nerd who bought them when they were dirt cheap.

But mask roms are so cool... and worth the money if you love the game enough. My Aero Fighters 3 MVS is one of my most favorite video game items, along side my Sengoku Blade PCB

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If only someone would find a way to reprogram these carts.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I think bulbousbeard needs the Bratwurst treatment.

The Neo multicart format has a lot of potential, but it's been left up to the wrong people (chinese bootleggers) to choose what ends up on the cart. For the price it's not a bad option. When I got my first MVS setup I got a banana 161 in 1 because it was what I could afford at the time and it was a gateway into the platform. The Neo multicarts have their place IMO. I've been meaning to get one with all the fixes for my MVS cab since my focus has shifted to AES carts.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
If only someone would find a way to reprogram these carts.

Has anyone desoldered the chips and dumped them to see what's going on in there? I assume they're mostly roms daisychained together.

The Neo multicart format has a lot of potential, but it's been left up to the wrong people (chinese bootleggers) to choose what ends up on the cart. For the price it's not a bad option. When I got my first MVS setup I got a banana 161 in 1 because it was what I could afford at the time and it was a gateway into the platform. The Neo multicarts have their place IMO. I've been meaning to get one with all the fixes for my MVS cab since my focus has shifted to AES carts.

Can't do much without a photo. Bring me his face!

The only reservation I have about the multicarts is that 3.3v flash is used when the system is designed around 5v components and improper voltage level conversion eventually takes its toll. I need to get a cheap single slot from Aliexpress I guess and then I won't give a shit.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Has anyone desoldered the chips and dumped them to see what's going on in there? I assume they're mostly roms daisychained together.

That's my guess as well. It would be just a matter of replacing the games and padding them accordingly.

This way, you could swap a big hacked game for a smaller proper one and pad the difference so that the ROM addresses still match.

The issue is, of course, rigging something to dump and write the chips, but I believe that someone with proper SMD soldering tools and experience could do this without much issues.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I think that would only be possible with the original banana cartridge. This V2 cartridge doesn't have individual flash modules, but rather has a singular flash module for odd and even data. The JTAG poor might offer some help, but that's most likely used for programming the fpga.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
The only reservation I have about the multicarts is that 3.3v flash is used when the system is designed around 5v components and improper voltage level conversion eventually takes its toll. I need to get a cheap single slot from Aliexpress I guess and then I won't give a shit.

Actually, that's only a concern if it was a flash cartridge that use SD media. If it's a flash cartridge that uses flash ROMs, you're more likely to kill the cartridge than you are the console. However, if it's a flash cartridge that uses SD media without proper level shifting, you risk damaging not only the SD card and the cartridge, but your Hardware as well.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I think they made these partial game lists in purpose. Back before the NeoSD came out, it wasn't uncommon to have a 161 and a 132 (I think) as both had different games and quality of ROMs. If you release a definitive one, you limit your market. Why sell one complete cart when people are willing to buy two partial lists?

That being said, the Pick mix fixed a lot of the issues with the v1 cart, so I feel the v2 is too little too late for them. I have all the games that are either not on the list or don't work well, so I'm content with a v1 banana.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Actually, that's only a concern if it was a flash cartridge that use SD media. If it's a flash cartridge that uses flash ROMs, you're more likely to kill the cartridge than you are the console. However, if it's a flash cartridge that uses SD media without proper level shifting, you risk damaging not only the SD card and the cartridge, but your Hardware as well.

Good to know there is a distinction when SD media is used or not.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Speaking of multi carts... I would love to own a 138 in 1, if it didn't have the stupid daughter board. What a cumbersome pos.

Lots of good games on the 138, but I don't want to have to expose the jamma edge.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That green shell is very pleasing looking. I wish someone would figure out how to completely reprogram those for single games, would be neat to have an easy way to produce homebrews with booties as donor boards.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Speaking of multi carts... I would love to own a 138 in 1, if it didn't have the stupid daughter board. What a cumbersome pos.

Lots of good games on the 138, but I don't want to have to expose the jamma edge.

I have one and I dipswitched it exactly for that reason.

Plus, I like it more that way, that it boots straight into the game I chose.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I have one and I dipswitched it exactly for that reason.

Plus, I like it more that way, that it boots straight into the game I chose.

You telling me there is a way to avoid using the daughter board? Help a noob out.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Is the AF3 bug fixed? Did they update the MotW rom from proto to legit?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I got one from AliExpress while it was on sale. So far, the difference is are in what the menu looks like , and the fact that one of the Hacked games was replaced with Kabuki Klash. I am still waiting for it to arrive.
Kabuki Klash was on the original cart though.