Jump & Run

https://www.patreon.com/blastar

There is an excellent Tech Demo fresh off the presses for NeoCD. Top tier stuff.:multi_co:

It's a playable platformer and the sprite work is phenomenal! There is a video for all inquiring minds and a download link for all Patreon members so you can get right into the action!

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Curious to see where this goes next. Looks like it's off to a good start!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Never cared for homebrews myself but you can't say that this isn't well done so far.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wow this blows galaxy guns and neotris out of the park.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Wow this blows galaxy guns and neotris out of the park.

Absolutely. The art style here is attractive and well executed. This dude is making this game for free. Galaxy Guns is a low effort pre-rendered game. Neotris is as unoriginal as it can fucking get. Chipsonsteroids wants seriously big bucks for their lame ass games.

This game, I can absolutely get behind and support. I hope he takes it to a complete product and releases it.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Looks much more polished than ChipsOnSteroids stuff, that's immediately apparent. The game looks good - still needs some work, but they have something going on here and I'm interested to see the outcome. Looks like a weird, spiritual successor to Blue's Journey. Thanks for sharing!

As an aside:
My dream since the 90's has been to see a fast, precision action-platformer in the vein of Mega Man X on the Neo. I think the issue I have with most of the modern homebrews I see on the Neo, including most games from NGDev, is all the games either copy existing game concepts already in the Neo library, or have a slower pace like this game. Since the Neo is now unshackled from the confines of needing to turn a quarter in the arcade, you'd think developers would want to spread out a bit more and cover more classic 90's style genres that we didn't see much of or at all on the Neo. Gunlord is the closest I've seen to this concept come to fruition.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
The tech demo is really impressible, hope development continues.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Now thats how you do a concept demo!
Take note chips on steroids....

I can get behind that, $1 a month is nothing and it looks great :)

Last edited:

Missile

Another Striker
Looks good so far he should develop this into a proper game. I have seen some of Blastar's work and demos before on Neo Geo. He really knows what he is doing with the hardware

Pinball

Geese's Thug
Looks like a nice little game. When complete he should release it as a .neo file for the NeoSD. I'd gladly give him some coin for that.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Marvin the Martian in Sonic the hedgehog world.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Went ahead and signed up for his patreon. Never actually done one before, but I actually think this guy shows promise. Heres hoping enough people support his efforts

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Looks like a nice little game. When complete he should release it as a .neo file for the NeoSD. I'd gladly give him some coin for that.

I’d be willing to buy the game as well. As long as it doesn’t cost what these other homebrewers are charging. I don’t have a NeoSD but if he released the rom files that would work for me.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Went ahead and signed up for his patreon. Never actually done one before, but I actually think this guy shows promise. Heres hoping enough people support his efforts

Same.

$1 a month is nothing so worth motivating the guy to improve on that, I noticed afterwards hes actually made a few neo geo games but I have never played or seen any of them.

Seems he was working on a 2 player puzzle game, But I think hes put that on the back burner in favour of the platformer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSqbU3Y1FLs

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Chips on Steroids BTFO.

If the guy is releasing free proof of concept roms and targeting NeoCD in the first place then there's a very good chance he's not hunting for NG:DEV money like Cucks on Steroids. That + the quality of what he's shown pretty much confirms it's a passion project.

Really excited about it and that in my opinion is how homebrew should be done.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Amazing how if you just show something off that doesn't look like dogshit appended with delusions of grandeur you don't get torn apart. Come on Chippy-chips. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
This is how you do it. Chipsonsteroids needs to learn a thing or two from this. I’m impressed by the animation with it being just a tech demo. The idle standing animation of the main character is so smooth, it’s awesome. Looking at the animation alone, it’s a league above what COS has showed us. It also looks like it’ll actually be enjoyable too. For $1 a month, I think this is a person who’s actually worth supporting.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Blastar messaged me last night thanking for the patreon subscription and I went ahead and told him about the thread here and that people are impressed thus far. Maybe he will join the forums, who knows.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Blastar messaged me last night thanking for the patreon subscription and I went ahead and told him about the thread here and that people are impressed thus far. Maybe he will join the forums, who knows.

Messaged me to,
I also replied the same and mentioned it would be cool if he gave us links to his previous NGCD games.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Very cool! Really inspiring, and it looks like something I'd actually play. Thanks for sharing!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Wow looks great. Here is hope it will get finished one day.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’ve never supported anyone on Patreon, ever, until today. Here’s hoping he keeps up the good work on this project and runs with it. I really want to see this succeed over Chipsonsteroids.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Looks amazing! I understand why console style platformers aren’t on the Neo Geo, but it’s one of my favorite genres. So I’m glad to see one being developed!