Neutralizing battery damage on boards - long term viability?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I’m not a chemist but I understand small batteries are usually alkaline, so white vinegar should work to counteract the battery leakage.

Is anyone here familiar with how such boards last down the road? Have affected but ok traces gone down hill and eventually fail? Have you guys gotten good mileage out of boards saved from battery damage?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I’m not a chemist but I understand small batteries are usually alkaline, so white vinegar should work to counteract the battery leakage.

Is anyone here familiar with how such boards last down the road? Have affected but ok traces gone down hill and eventually fail? Have you guys gotten good mileage out of boards saved from battery damage?

Exposed traces are probably more failure prone but I've not had any MVS or PGM mobos that had wear from battery leakage subsequently fail. Either the battery leaked and caused damage that required repair or it didn't. In my experience, if the board works and you clean the battery residue it should continue to work indefinitely.