NEO-GEO AES CES 1991 VIDEO WITH BETA/PROTO FOOTAGE

Missile

Another Striker
That video makes me want to buy a Neo Geo - even though I already have one

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The white woman gets to play baseball while the African American gets shot and has to fight for his life.

The Future is Now

That was actually a police law enforcement simulator that got cancelled due to the realism.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Thanks for sharing - that was fun with all the beta footage. That said, I'm going to go enjoy my 4 Dimensional games now.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
My god is that the background of the image on the back of the AES box we see filmed at 0:15? I bet this thing would go for 20k.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I couldn't find info here using the search. This rare Neo-Geo AES CES 1991 video on youtube features several early games in their beta stage such as Sengoku; showing a "force" meter and deleted graphic for the animated skull in stage 1. Also, "Bully" from Burning Fight is in here. Any more noticeable changes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6uyCVi7MBg

Pretty amazing to keep digging up new stuff, even now.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I am always around, even if I’m not sticking my head out.

;)

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Pretty amazing to keep digging up new stuff, even now.

If you enjoyed that AES promo video, here's another one for the Neo-Geo CD. It's not nearly as interesting as the few games it features are from around the same time period and they keep looping over and over. But, it's cool to see any video marketing from SNK during this time. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_gcv_g8rb0

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

Shmuppy

Banned
Haha, damn right! Neo always plays loud at my home. That Yamaha YM2610 needs its proper "expression environment", you know, like air to breathe.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I dig all these old Neo videos coming to light, check this one out:

I have no idea who this "Johnny Arcade" dude is but I'd love to know where this was shot.

Also, dude completely fails at his mission to educate you on the use of the memory card.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I dig all these old Neo videos coming to light, check this one out:

I have no idea who this "Johnny Arcade" dude is but I'd love to know where this was shot.

Also, dude completely fails at his mission to educate you on the use of the memory card.
Johnny arcade was the host of Video Power, a super cool show about video game tips and tricks that went through 2 formats before ultimately failing. I was obessed with the game show version they did second season.