Considerations for connecting CMVS to OSSC

littlecharlie

Quiz Detective
I hace currently a CMVS connected to my CRT TV, using the scart connection.

The RGBS lines that I feed the TV are:

R/G/B: pins 12/N/13 of the jamma, through a 220 ohms resistor to the scart connector
Sync: pin P of the jamma, through a 470 ohm resistor to the scart connector.

That way the image on the CRT is great, but I'm worried that if I connect a OSSC I may burnt it.

Do you guys know if those resistors are good enough to connect the CMVS to an OSSC?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I hace currently a CMVS connected to my CRT TV, using the scart connection.

The RGBS lines that I feed the TV are:

R/G/B: pins 12/N/13 of the jamma, through a 220 ohms resistor to the scart connector
Sync: pin P of the jamma, through a 470 ohm resistor to the scart connector.

That way the image on the CRT is great, but I'm worried that if I connect a OSSC I may burnt it.

Do you guys know if those resistors are good enough to connect the CMVS to an OSSC?

Did you make the scart cable? If you're feeding from a standard euro scart it should be fine.

littlecharlie

Quiz Detective
Did you make the scart cable? If you're feeding from a standard euro scart it should be fine.

But the scart cable is just a bunch of wires connecting one end to the other, there are no components inside.

The CRT TV is working fine with my CMVS and scart cable. The problem is that I don't know if the OSSC is more "delicate" than the CRT.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
But the scart cable is just a bunch of wires connecting one end to the other, there are no components inside.

The CRT TV is working fine with my CMVS and scart cable. The problem is that I don't know if the OSSC is more "delicate" than the CRT.
I used both a supergun and an AES with the OSSC, and sometimes the thresholds for vsync, hsync, and such needed to be tweaked on the OSSC. I'm sure you're aware, but there is a wiki about each system and it's quirks with the OSSC at http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC which also states thresholds for each aspect that you'll need.

Beyond that, I'm not as familiar, I just know I've used it on mine and have had zero problems or damage to my setup.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
You should be fine with the 470 ohm. I tied 220uF caps to the RGB lines on my CMVS to be safe.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That resistor on the sync line is key. May want to add the cap as well. It will be fine. I use my CMVS with the OSSC this way.