Samurai Shodown V Perfect/Final Edition extracted data

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
For example, the version I’ve tried courtesy of our French friends still has the “Special” voice sample at the title screen. Just curious if that was actually in the location test version or what.

I believe it was.

Beckett

n00b
Been having some issues getting the SamSho 5 Perfect ROM running on my MiSTer.

I have been trying to use the smsh5spo rom out of the Darksoft set as the base, but when I replace the prom with, "samsho5_fe.cslot1_maincpu" and cprom0 with, "SamuraiShodown5_FE.sprites.swizzled" and run it on the MiSTer, I just get the crosshatch test pattern page showing up. Is there something I'm missing to get this going?

EDIT: Got it all sorted out with someone from another forum. Game is pretty legit.

Last edited:

Hasi

n00b
Please help DicMac!

I felt into the trap and can‘t use the NeoSD! :(

Which file I‘ve to delete????

I just wanted to play the game! I ordered the collection for my PS4 too.

Last edited:

Hasi

n00b
I had people asking me for a .neo even after I said I didn’t want to release anything. People on Facebook, Discord, even a guest message on here. The French dudes can do what they please. You’d think people could use google and find these things since the rom sets have been public for like a week now, same with .neo files.

Hi Digmac,

I felt into your trap. Please let me know which file I‘ve to delete that I can use my NeoSD again! 🙏

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I deleted both. The fakessvp.neo and the lastgame but it‘s not working.

I can‘t get back to the NeoSD menu. :(
lastgame.cfg should fix the issue it created when deleted.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
It‘s deleted but the NeoSD starts with your flashed fake game and ignores the button combination to get to the menu screen.

Tried the combo several times?
Mine sometimes refuses to work unless I do it like 10 times.....

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
When Digmac posted the fake link, there was still a bug in the English patch that makes it replay the first scene over and over. I believe that has been fixed, but from AP it's unclear that other glitchy menus have been addressed yet. I think it's best to wait for a working patch, unless you want to help debug.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
When Digmac posted the fake link, there was still a bug in the English patch that makes it replay the first scene over and over. I believe that has been fixed, but from AP it's unclear that other glitchy menus have been addressed yet. I think it's best to wait for a working patch, unless you want to help debug.

Thats been fixed mate.

There is a very minor glitch in it that sort of garbles up the language selector if you are playing on a Jap bios but its not really a issue as it plays in english on euro and US bios and obv Japanese on Jap bios so its a pointless menu option now.

JacKc

Quiz Detective
MhJSGQk.png
JKoVedt.png

made some ips files to "convert" samsh5fe romset in FBNeo to samsh5pf romset (set with perfect logo and latest US translation patches).

Only P1, C7, C8 and S1 are different from FBNeo romset.

For people with set with only one P1 8MB CRC 8856D0AF, just split it into two 4 MB parts.

For FBNeo users, only decompress the archive [see attached files] in support\ips folder. Then use the ips manager from the emulator.

Best regards,
JacKc

Attachments

• samsh5pf_20200703.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 295

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
MhJSGQk.png
JKoVedt.png

made some ips files to "convert" samsh5fe romset in FBNeo to samsh5pf romset (set with perfect logo and latest US translation patches).

Only P1, C7, C8 and S1 are different from FBNeo romset.

For people with set with only one P1 8MB CRC 8856D0AF, just split it into two 4 MB parts.

For FBNeo users, only decompress the archive [see attached files] in support\ips folder. Then use the ips manager from the emulator.

Best regards,
JacKc

Thanks JacKc

makinavaja

n00b
Hi!
Seems I arrive a bit late. Its awesome that MIA back again.
The questions: will this game work on real hardware using a neoSD flash cart? Wich version should I use?

NGH=0273 AES NCI
a.k.a. Samurai Spirits Zero Special: Perfect Edition | Samurai Spirits Zero Special: Complete Edition | Samurai Spirits Zero Special: Full Version | Samurai Supirittsu Zero Special Kanzenban | Samurai Shodown V Special “Final Edition”

Attachments

• IMG_20221221_013458.jpg
    IMG_20221221_013458.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20221220_233334.jpg
    IMG_20221220_233334.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22