bypass mod doubt c sync pin 10 or 11?

theboy995

n00b
Hello comrades, I just made the bypass mod for AES with board 3-5 because I had a chess board in the image, now I don't have that annoying failure, but I have a question, I soldered the sync on pin 10 and saw that other guides did it. They soldered at pin 11. Pin 10 according to the scheme is c sync in and pin 11 is c sync out. I am confused, in the 2 pins I am doing well, but I want the best image quality, I have the cable from the store retro gaming cables. Thank you! and greetings to all

This is my bypass mod on board 3-5

DF050CAD-8B23-44E7-A120-9B687269252E.jpeg

here indicate pin 11

https://www.retrorgb.com/aes-rgb-bypass.html

and here pin 10

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snk-neo-geo-aes-rgb-bypass/

F5274808-AEA9-41ED-A396-84BD03FCD628.png

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Use pin 10 when it’s the CXA1145, using pin 11 will have noise on the video iirc.

theboy995

n00b
thanks @Xian Xi, after doing the bypass it works for me on all monitors with excellent image, but in framemeister it does not give an image, what is that iirc video? Can it have anything to do with it? Thank you

theboy995

n00b
Use pin 10 when it’s the CXA1145, using pin 11 will have noise on the video iirc.

thanks, after doing the bypass it works for me on all monitors with excellent image, but in framemeister it does not give an image, what is that iirc video? Can it have anything to do with it? Thank you

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What RGB cable are you using? Mine only works with the Framemeister with my older cable from Retro Gaming Cables.

The newer Packapunch cable I bought does not work with the bypass AES on the Framemeister. I've been meaning to open it up and check what components they put in there.

Last edited:

theboy995

n00b

theboy995

n00b
What RGB cable are you using? Mine only works with the Framemeister with my older cable from Retro Gaming Cables.

The newer Packapunch cable I bought does not work with the bypass AES on the Framemeister. I've been meaning to open it up and check what components they put in there.

I sent them an email explaining the problem and from retrogamingcables they answered the following.

The NG cable takes sync from pin 7 on the 8 pin DIN socket, so any RGB bypass needs to have the sync attached to pin 7

But I can't understand what to do, does anyone help us? Thank you very much

theboy995

n00b

adjusting the sync level on the Framemeister!! This the solution

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
adjusting the sync level on the Framemeister!! This the solution
I was hoping. You should save that adjustment to your Neo Geo profile on the Framemeister.

Still though, I will open it up and see what resistor/cap combination they put in there to cause this. Maybe it has a sync stripper built in for the NGCD. Basically I need mine to just be a dumb cable without any of that, since I already have the correct attenuation and resistance built into my consoles and supergun.