2 Metal Slug Games in Development - 2020 Planned Release

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I'll probably sell off my AES copies once this comes out. Looks like a cool remaster and I won't have to drag my PVM into the bathroom to play while I take a shit

Finally SNK is catering to the true hardcore crowd. Every one of us here knows how much of a pain it is to get a PVM into the turd closet and back out again. Can't 1CC anything without a healthy loaf on deck.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I predictably didn't buy Shenmue 3 because it wasn't on Dreamcast. This shows what happens when you don't make games on original hardware :)

What makes you think developing a game like Shenmue 3 on a platform that's end of life is viable? At this point you can't even expect someone to own a Dreamcast.

It's this sort of delusional bullshit that plagues the hobby and brings nothing to it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

For a mobile game this actually looks way better than I expected. The gameplay is going to suck, because touchscreens are the worst, but it actually looks pretty good.

Touchscreen controls aren't bad with Metal Slug. I have the mobile ports of 1-3 and they play much more naturally with touchscreen controls than most games.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
cool remaster, but touch screen.. NO !

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
No blood. What a joke.

I know it's just some mobile piece of shit so it's inherently made for homosexuals, but even so, come on.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
No blood. What a joke.

I know it's just some mobile piece of shit so it's inherently made for homosexuals, but even so, come on.

From what I have read about it the mobile game is being aimed at kids (no surprise there) but the main game is to be aimed at us old bastards.

Missile

Another Striker
What makes you think developing a game like Shenmue 3 on a platform that's end of life is viable? At this point you can't even expect someone to own a Dreamcast.

It's this sort of delusional bullshit that plagues the hobby and brings nothing to it.

That was a joke dude 😃 It links back to my original comment.

I will say as someone who owns Shenmue 2 on Xbox - not as good as Dreamcast Shenmue 2. They are just wasting their time... Halo on Atari 2600....not as good as Xbox Halo. Need anymore proof?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That was a joke dude �� It links back to my original comment.

I will say as someone who owns Shenmue 2 on Xbox - not as good as Dreamcast Shenmue 2. They are just wasting their time... Halo on Atari 2600....not as good as Xbox Halo. Need anymore proof?

Yeah I missed that lol.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

For a mobile game this actually looks way better than I expected. The gameplay is going to suck, because touchscreens are the worst, but it actually looks pretty good.

The damage numbers above the enemies tells me there's going to be RPG elements shoved into it, and that means it's going to be F2P, which then means "fuck your wallet" gacha bullshit.

I want to be excited for it, but I just can't if it's going to be yet another mobile game that becomes an immoral whalefest.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You just know you'll have to engage in 10 hour grinding sessions or pay $9.99 so your ROCKET LAWN CHAIR can actually kill ONE regular soldier with less than 10 shots.

my expectations are incredibly low for that title.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
There's no way on earth that Tencent SNK is going to put out something that DOESN'T have in app purchases out the wazoo. :lolz:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There's no way on earth that Tencent SNK is going to put out something that DOESN'T have in app purchases out the wazoo. :lolz:

The bloody business name is entirely about money! ten-cent :lolz:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

In the coming years, we are going to see a gaming industry that will more and more cater to the booming, untapped Chinese market. Nintendo is collaborating with Tencent to make a Pokemon game that is basically for China.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Not even worth a free download.

Fio looks nasty, like that witch from Jurassic World. Barf.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
touchscreen kills this. Wont get a port due to the in app purchase system

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Do these kind of mobile games accept Bluetooth controller support? I'm not "hip" to the kids' "mobile games."

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do these kind of mobile games accept Bluetooth controller support? I'm not "hip" to the kids' "mobile games."

I hear SNK is releasing a Bluetooth ButtPlug controller for this game where you just kind of swivel and bop around on it for controller inputs. Oh Japan they never cease to amaze.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
The graphics for the Tencent game don't look too bad, for a mobile title. Gives me a little more confidence in the visuals of the upcoming SNK titles.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In the coming years, we are going to see a gaming industry that will more and more cater to the booming, untapped Chinese market.

-posted July 2020

August 2020: All references to Taiwan stripped from Baseball Stars 2, and the Rising Sun flag erased from AOF2.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
In the coming years, we are going to see a gaming industry that will more and more cater to the booming, untapped Chinese market. Nintendo is collaborating with Tencent to make a Pokemon game that is basically for China.

Except instead of collecting Pokémon, you’ll be collecting ethnic minorities in labor camps.