That plastic transparent AES protective container

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I just wanted to mention that this can possibly ruin your AES insert if you are not careful.the flap from the protective conatiner can get up into the area where your insert sits damaging your inert when you slide it in and out.
BE CAREFUL if you use these.
If you need a photo as to what I am referring to,I will provide one later...
BB

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Yup. These things are trash. I did this with my copy of MS4. Thankfully I caught it as soon as it happened and no permanent damage was done, but these things WILL DESTROY your inserts.

I threw away all my protectors after that incident and I'll be switching to acrylic cases.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’ve got a couple of these that came with games I’ve bought, and noticed they could do this if not careful. Hopefully you’re not speaking from experience on this one BB...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Hopefully those guys who wanted to spend like $100 on protectors see this.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I did buy these when I was collecting Aes carts but I just cut the flaps off. It worked for me but if you close the flaps you do risk damaging your insert.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Maybe the flap that's meant to tuck into the container can instead be taped to the outside so it doesn't risk slipping into the insert? You can get little self-adhesive velcro dots too.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
why worry if they never come off the shelf?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I have some (someone gave some away on here a few years back in a raffle) and yes...if you aren't paying attention bad things could happen. hasn't happened to me but I've been cautious. Honestly since I keep them in a bookshelf behind doors I probably should just do away with them anyway

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i have no idea what people are talking about.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I have them on most of my games, I'm just really careful when putting them in/out of them because I had heard the horror stories.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Why not just not use them all together. Just keep them on some shelf that isn't by some window with the sun blasting through and you should be fine. I could understand from a collectard point of view wanting to protect carton boxes like Nes/Snes and even some of the Neo one's like Sengoku and Mag Lord since those just get worn easily but the hard shell cases make no sense.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If I put all my games in protective boxes I'd never play them. What are they really used for though? so that you don't have to fret when your friends pick them up?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
If I put all my games in protective boxes I'd never play them. What are they really used for though? so that you don't have to fret when your friends pick them up?

I guess. Oily fingerprints maybe, don't know. You still need to take the case out of the protective sleeve which involves using your hands and fingers unless all your games get the white glove treatment.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I’ve heard of this happening with the plastic protectors. Hopefully it was a cheap common game that was damaged rather then a metal slug or something similarly high priced.

Let’s see those pics!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I've gotten in a few games with these plastic cases. My collection is well protected and away from windows or other forms of damaging light, and I PLAY my games, so why even fuss with these? If worried about dust, buy a Swiffer. Unless you're not going to touch your games, I've never seen the point.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
someone have a pic, or gif, or video of this?

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
The reason I use them is that years ago I remember seeing an English Metal Slug X for sale (either here or ebay, don't remember exactly) that had been ravaged by silverfish. Apparently they destroy paper things like books and this Metal Slug was one of their victims as well. I took one look at that poor game and it scared the shit out of me to the point that I just said fuck it and put all my valuable stuff in plastic cases. Maybe it's just being overly paranoid and stupid, but that is the reason I use them.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The reason I use them is that years ago I remember seeing an English Metal Slug X for sale (either here or ebay, don't remember exactly) that had been ravaged by silverfish. Apparently they destroy paper things like books and this Metal Slug was one of their victims as well. I took one look at that poor game and it scared the shit out of me to the point that I just said fuck it and put all my valuable stuff in plastic cases. Maybe it's just being overly paranoid and stupid, but that is the reason I use them.

Are those plastic cases airtight? :lolz:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

This guy talks about the great debate. He also stores his games in sealed tubs to keep the roaches out.