Sony Trinitron KV-32FS100 Geometry Issue

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I recently picked up a 32FS100 from craigslist. Everything looked great but when I pulled up the NeoGeo hardware test I noticed the geometry gets real wonky on the corners (typical flatscreen CRT) and especially on the right. Also when I turned the vertical blanking to 1 from the service menu I get the right overscan line but its super wiggly and doesn't even connect on the graph properly. I will get a photo of that later and add it to the thread. My question is what is the most effective fix for the corners? From what I remember reading a while ago, it's just a matter of using magnets on the tube itself, is there any other way? I'm also wondering if maybe the speakers are what's pulling the top outward. Any help appreciated
https://imgur.com/a/CtArvPj

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You need to get yourself a bunch of convergence strips, they should fix those corners. Be careful though, don't play near the tube if you don't now what you're doing as it needs to be powered on to adjust the picture.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
No worries, I've been working on these crt displays for a while. No touchy the red wire, got it ;)
And thank you, I will get some convergence strips