Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hombrew scene on the Neo - A gouging greed?

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    Neo XYZ isn't a bad game at all. It looks like a blend of Toaplan on a Amiga machine. Shame it lacks graphical depth (layers, parallax, etc).

I actually think this one and Gunlord are actually worth having... at a reasonable price.
    I had both of those and agree they are pretty good. As you said though at a reasonable price, yes. $100 ok, $500 you can punch it up your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by theMot View Post
    Largely agree although I do think some NGDEV games are decent quality, they are nothing spectacular.

Wait....they fit perfectly in the NEO GEO library then!
    Your signature cannot be longer than 100 characters including BB code markup.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    I think PS4 got Fast Striker
    yep and Vita/Phones

I happen to love Fast Striker, it's one of my favorite of theirs' - I get the complaint about the background animation loops, but I played the hell out of it when I had it.

King of Typists

A big part of the authentic Neo Geo experience is paying too much money for an ok game.
    home cart serial #242177

MAX POWA SURGE!

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Now Last Resort, that's a real game.
    Yes sir! My favorite shmup on the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

The one system i would really like to see more homebrew on is the PC Engine/TG16. Especially the HuCARD format instead of the CD's everyone tends to do when they make TG16 games. HuCARDs are so rad. Sadly i doubt programming PC Engine games is nearly as financially viable as other platforms

Amakusa's Fashion Consultant

What did Knights Chance retail for when released?
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40830&dateline=135215  4462

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by xb74 View Post
    What did Knights Chance retail for when released?
    AES $499
    MVS $359
    MVS Collector's Edition $449

I think those are correct but I'm not 100% sure.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

K's Therapist

Quote Originally Posted by not sonic View Post
    A big part of the authentic Neo Geo experience is paying too much money for an ok game.
    Well put, though the arguably bigger part was paying too much money for an authentic arcade experience at home and since non of those Neo Geo homebrew games officially saw an arcade from the inside, they'll never be able to hold this experience for those who'll play them.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega View Post
    Yes sir! My favorite shmup on the system.
    Last Resort is indeed excellent. That and Blazing Star are my favorites. Glad to have been able to snag MVS copies of both for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Urethra Chode View Post
    The one system i would really like to see more homebrew on is the PC Engine/TG16. Especially the HuCARD format instead of the CD's everyone tends to do when they make TG16 games. HuCARDs are so rad. Sadly i doubt programming PC Engine games is nearly as financially viable as other platforms
    That would be awesome. Unfortunately, when it comes to being financially viable, I think you're right. I don't mind more CD games. The soundtrack to Lords of Thunder kicks ass.

Armored Scrum Object

Knight's chance is the only game that I regret not getting. The feel, the production values, it just feels 100% legit. The NGDev games just feel like they are 'almost' good enough to buy but eh. Not at those prices, at all.

The never ending delays don't help neither.

We must keep in mind that it's a very small team but still.. After years of dev times, you would expect the gameplay to be better than this.
    Last edited by Shuri; 06-10-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

Amakusa's Fashion Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    AES $499
    MVS $359
    MVS Collector's Edition $449

I think those are correct but I'm not 100% sure.
    Even as a ballpark figure, this game falls within the realm of NGDEV pricing. It's a tough sell I guess.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    Knight's chance is the only game that I regret not getting. The feel, the production values, it just feels 100% legit. The NGDev games just feel like they are 'almost' good enough to buy but eh. Not at those prices, at all.

The never ending delays don't help neither.

We must keep in mind that it's a very small team but still.. After years of dev times, you would expect the gameplay to be better than this.
    Knight's Chance really does feel like a game SNK or Alpha Denshi would have put out in the 90's for the Neo, the only thing that betrays it is the Neobitz logo and copyright date! Yes it is a video poker game, but you can feel the effort and passion put into it regardless.

Chips on Steroids wants all the glory and fame, and also the NGEV money, without putting in the effort. Hell their pseudo company name proves that without even looking at what games they're releasing, who boldly claims they're experts in the platform with a title like that, with zero prior experience, aside from scammers and delusional fucks? With the money of the collectard-y NeoTris release they could easily hire someone to do art of Knights Chance caliber and at least have a pretense of a good game for their wobbly space shooter, but no, that would be too much effort for something people will gladly buy anyway.
    Your signature cannot be longer than 100 characters including BB code markup.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega View Post
    last hope is fucking trash
    I really like Pink Bullets. The only bad thing about it is the bosses are all a bit static and similar to each other but otherwise it's a good game overall. Great soundtrack too

Neo XYZ isn't a bad game at all. It looks like a blend of Toaplan on a Amiga machine. Shame it lacks graphical depth (layers, parallax, etc).

I actually think this one and Gunlord are actually worth having... at a reasonable price.
    NEO XYX is the best vertical shooter on the system. Everyone should buy it. Looks way better than any Amiga shooter. It's pushing sprite limits on the Neo Geo

Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    What's funny is that Knight Chance is basically a mini-games collection. I personally rate it and like it but I guarantee if NGDevteam had made it - they would have been slaughtered.
    Last edited by Missile; 06-15-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Who?

icon25.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Missile View Post
    NEO XYX is the best vertical shooter on the system. Everyone should buy it. Looks way better than any Amiga shooter. It's pushing sprite limits on the Neo Geo
    Comparing the Neo Geo with a computer that only handles 8 sprites at a time + bobs is really wise...

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Comparing the Neo Geo with a computer that only handles 8 sprites at a time + bobs is really wise...
    Tell the guy I was replying to that

Thread Information