Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New LGR video about using arcade boards @ home, including the MVS.

Takuma's Nurse

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Besides the questionable emulation I've experienced in the past, my biggest gripe I have with emulation, SD carts and multicarts is too many options.
    I feel the same way. I don't use emulation anymore (not that I ever used it much to begin with) and I've never owned an SD/multi.

I also agree with the AES "magic" comment too.

Angel's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm a Pi fan, but whether it's a software emulator or FPGA, either one is only as good as their code and not the solution for all things.
    Agreed.

I have original hardware and a mister setup.

But in all honesty the Mister gets more use as it plays real nice on my HDTV and I do t have to worry about degradation.

That being said if I have people around I bust out the real stuff as it invokes more nostalgic fun and discussion.

I find myself having as many convos about the box art etc as I do about the game.

Armored Scrum Object

I pretty much stopped using emulators as well, except for practicing certain sections of games (I'm looking at you Ketsui Ura loop). Yes, it's way more fucking expensive to buy PCBs/Cabs/etc, but I save up for the old stuff and skip all of the new shit on modern consoles that sucks (which is all of it).

That said, if you are just into playing the games, almost none of this shit is necessary, and playing on an emulator with a giant HD TV works for most. I think HD TVs look like shit with old stuff, but some people actually like that look.

Bullets QB

LOL

Bashful Neophyte

Wow, Look at that shitty supergun. I would not trust my boards with that chinese supergun.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by pegboy View Post
    I pretty much stopped using emulators as well, except for practicing certain sections of games (I'm looking at you Ketsui Ura loop). Yes, it's way more fucking expensive to buy PCBs/Cabs/etc, but I save up for the old stuff and skip all of the new shit on modern consoles that sucks (which is all of it).

That said, if you are just into playing the games, almost none of this shit is necessary, and playing on an emulator with a giant HD TV works for most. I think HD TVs look like shit with old stuff, but some people actually like that look.
    I disagree Pegboy. I think old shit with the right setup looks great on a HDTV. Emulation looks fantastic but the lag might be killer. You could also use a crt with emulation if you like the look more. FPGA is the bees knees.

Angel's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I disagree Pegboy. I think old shit with the right setup looks great on a HDTV. Emulation looks fantastic but the lag might be killer. You could also use a crt with emulation if you like the look more. FPGA is the bees knees.
    Agreed, A properly setup mister looks amazing on a HDTV.

Its not the same as playing on a CRT obviously, Some things you just cant emulate.

But if you aint lucky enough to still have a CRT sat around then thats the way to do it for sure!

Thread Information