New LGR video about using arcade boards @ home, including the MVS.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
LGR released a new video this morning covering arcade boards, and the litany of accessories you can use to play them at home.

Good chunk of it is Neo related. Lots of great information, and as always with his tech videos, really enjoyable to watch.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Great! More regurgitation of shit thats been known for literally decades.

Quality original content!

Reading magazines!

Reviews!

Unboxings!

Discussions!

Room Tours!

Opinions!

What will these trail-blazing Youtubers think of next???

lol. seems like a nice enough guy to me.

them Patreon monies bought him those boards

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I haven't watched this video yet but I'm sure it's great.

Hopefully it will open the eyes of the gamers who have collected every console game they want.

Now they can start collecting pcbs!

EDIT: and if the guy making the video can make money in the process, even better!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Reading magazines!

Reviews!

Unboxings!

Discussions!

Room Tours!

Opinions!

Welcome to the age of virtual bums.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Reading magazines!

Reviews!

Unboxings!

Discussions!

Room Tours!

Opinions!

You're right, in the end it's all junk. But... everyone has downtime. Everyone needs junk to watch when we're tired and don't want to do anything. It's the human condition. A lot of my favorite Youtubers are just comfort food. Sometimes I want to watch Bob's Burgers; other time's I can't be bothered with it, and would rather have information I mostly already know presented in a neat package.

Also, Youtube has made it clear that not all junk food creators are equal.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I watch his videos because of all the cool old computer shit he reviews and finds. I grew up a IBM pc xt kid so all the old computer stuff he shows brings back fond memories. The review he did on the 3dO card was good and I like knowing the history on obscure stuff like that.

He's a little to late to the party on teaching people how to use a supergun. I watched the video but it was nothing I or alot members on this forum didn't know already. Plenty of videos on supergun Setups already on youtube.

He really shines when he shows off old computer gear.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I haven’t watched this yet, but like Razo said his vintage PC videos are great. I also like his thrifting videos as well. While he’s massively popular he seems like a pretty chill and down to earth dude.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
I don't know what you guys are talking about. LGR is awesome.

He's pretty fucking hardcore. You've got to be a true Neo Geo fan to play Shock Troopers with violence set to "off" in the settings.

And it's quite impressive how every single instance of footage he's ever shown from a game has been from the first level. He definitely enjoys playing games when the camera's off.

Not a money grubbing Youtube faggot at all.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Guy's a hoarder and a grade A asshole. I know several people who approached him at a con and he wouldn't give them the time of day. He isn't playing shit when that camera is off, and he admits it. Oh and not money grubbing at all, with his $6k+ a month patreon on top of his 20k+ a month he's making off revenue. That doesn't take into account his deals with sponsors and putting his name on game packs for GoG.

I'm mean FFS, the guy has a channel where idiots watch him make sandwiches.

LOL good guy though. Real hardcore. Get fucked.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Guy's a hoarder and a grade A asshole. I know several people who approached him at a con and he wouldn't give them the time of day. He isn't playing shit when that camera is off, and he admits it. Oh and not money grubbing at all, with his $6k+ a month patreon on top of his 20k+ a month he's making off revenue. That doesn't take into account his deals with sponsors and putting his name on game packs for GoG.

I'm mean FFS, the guy has a channel where idiots watch him make sandwiches.

LOL good guy though. Real hardcore. Get fucked.

You could easily swap LGR out of that and put in a lot of other “gaming youtubers.”

Another cuck with a camera that’s going to send the hobby into the stratosphere. High Score Girl brought a massive amount of weebs into buying cabinets and now LGR will put the nail in the coffin. I’m glad I have everything I want at this point.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Never get attached to youtube people, just look at what happend to Cinemassacre.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

Reading magazines!

Reviews!

Unboxings!

Discussions!

Room Tours!

Opinions!

I did not mention it, but I've been watching LGR for years. The vast majority of his content is very engrossing and researched. This video probably should have stayed on his alternate channel, but he is none of those things you mention.
He was one of the first people to really take a deep look at vintage PC hardware and games. He also does rather unique docuseries on lesser known individuals and companies that shaped modern computers.

Not all 1MM sub people on YT are just regurgitating each others content and drama. LGR does something others do not, so don't lump him together with people like metalJesus double chin.

He has admitted social issues, which is why you never see him do in-person collaborations. Probably also why he doesn't have sessions at Cons, or meet and greets.
his LGRfoods channel is unpromoted.
He actually leaves a lot of junk behind as opposed some some videogame collectors on YT.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Only thing LGR is good for is showing obscure shit so it raises in price.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Only thing LGR is good for is showing obscure shit so it raises in price.

how is this even a criticism? If it's obscure, who gives a shit?
I thought all the plastic crap hoarders wanted stuff to increase in price. I guess no one should talk about anything so people can gatekeep obscure plastic shit.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I thought all the plastic crap hoarders wanted stuff to increase in price. I guess no one should talk about anything so people can gatekeep obscure plastic shit.

Is this guy like your brother or something? You're getting super offended because a vast majority of people think he's a tool.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

Even if he is what his worst detractors say he is...who cares? What's the point in defending him? It's not going to change anything other than making people wonder why you want to white knight for the guy.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I hope the sudden fascination with buying PCBs will die quick when these new people buy some boards with dead chips.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I hope the sudden fascination with buying PCBs will die quick when these new people buy some boards with dead chips.

Not so, there’s plenty of rubes that continue buying broken shit; deluding themselves into thinking they’re going to fix or restore it. In reality they’re just wasting money and turning their homes into cabinet junkyards.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Why? I actually really enjoy his videos. He is one of my favorite youtubers to be honest.

His focus is old PC junk and he is clearly passionate about it, couldn't care less if retards give him 20k/month to make Duke Nukem voices inside thrift stores, or if he makes a video on something out of his domain like that PCB one people are so butthurt about.

Most PC stuff he shows off is useless by default, I don't think he ever pretended to be some uber hardcore big tymer shmup player.

Last edited: