New LGR video about using arcade boards @ home, including the MVS.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
edit: i changed my mind, i don't care but also normies get out reeeee

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't know what you guys are talking about. LGR is awesome.

He's pretty fucking hardcore. You've got to be a true Neo Geo fan to play Shock Troopers with violence set to "off" in the settings.

And it's quite impressive how every single instance of footage he's ever shown from a game has been from the first level. He definitely enjoys playing games when the camera's off.

Not a money grubbing Youtube faggot at all.
I can't believe you want him to play most of the game for incidental footage. Videos take forever to edit as it is.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
what happened to cinemassacre

he said bad things about lady ghostbusters....Also, It's mostly a review channel about godzilla and other bad movies. The channel is 95% the Mike guy, and 0.5% AVGN. The rest is film school students talking about movies. Not the greatest content.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I think he's talking more about how it went from a stale gimmick channel to a media conglomerate over the last few years. As much as I dislike LGR, I dislike Screen Wave Media even more. It's like a whose who of gaming nerd douchebags.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I think he's talking more about how it went from a stale gimmick channel to a media conglomerate over the last few years. As much as I dislike LGR, I dislike Screen Wave Media even more. It's like a whose who of gaming nerd douchebags.

Yeah, i don't know anything about screen wave media or anything beyond the YT channels themselves. The whole network thing was always confusing to me.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Justin Silverman, the fattest poor man's Wayne Knight looking guy in their videos is friends with Bob Magrann, a convicted pedophile who perviously appeared on his Silvermania channel as Gabe Newell.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
To anyone who doubts the damage that idiots like this do.

unknown.png

"After watching LGR's video about collecting arcade boards w/o the cabinet, that got me to thinking if it might be worth looking into collecting something like NeoGeo."

These fucking scumbags inspire legions of helicopter parents to buy games because they're bored with their jobs at Olive Garden, jack up prices, and then never play them anyway. It's a joke.

Last edited:

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Most of the people are not interested in the boards themselves, they mostly just want to play the game and have the same experience as the arcade.

If they were instructed in what the current market offers in that regard, such as the MiSTer which is indistinguishable from the real thing, they'd go and get a MiSTer instead of the real boards since they are also way more easy to setup and more modern-monitor friendly.

Besides, if they really want the real thing, there's the NeoSD and they have the entire library.

The issue, right now, is that they probably don't know it because they're new and they don't even know that things such as the NeoSD exist.

If LGR wants to do a follow-up video it would fix this issue that everyone seems to be concerned about, since I guess most just want to get the same experience and play the game and are not satisfied with just downloading ROMs and playing them on MAME on their PC and are looking for dedicated hardware for a more authentic experience.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
To anyone who doubts the damage that idiots like this do.

unknown.png

"After watching LGR's video about collecting arcade boards w/o the cabinet, that got me to thinking if it might be worth looking into collecting something like NeoGeo."

These fucking scumbags inspire legions of helicopter parents to buy games because they're bored with their jobs at Olive Garden, jack up prices, and then never play them anyway. It's a joke.

"I've never played a Neo Geo and don't know shit about fuck regarding Metal Slug, but Metal Slug X looks so fun, I must build a supergun and buy MVS carts now!"

Is this the reason why AES games are priced into the stratosphere? Did youtube cucks like Metal Jesus do this to us?

Why can't these fucks buy the anthology or the digital ports? Maybe leave the arcade PCBs to the people that FUCKING OWN ARCADE MACHINES!!

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
"I've never played a Neo Geo and don't know shit about fuck regarding Metal Slug, but Metal Slug X looks so fun, I must build a supergun and buy MVS carts now!"

Is this the reason why AES games are priced into the stratosphere? Did youtube cucks like Metal Jesus do this to us?

Why can't these fucks buy the anthology or the digital ports? Maybe leave the arcade PCBs to the people that FUCKING OWN ARCADE MACHINES!!

And then we start getting a ton of n00b threads popping up like:
"Cheapest way to start Neo Geo collection?"
"Why are Neo Geo games so expensive!?"
"Cbox on Aliexpress too expensive. Advise?"
"$600 for an everdrive? Really!?"

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Or how about some fucking engaging, ORIGINAL content instead shitting out an entire first page of a google search result for the sake of keeping the donation money rolling in?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Or how about some fucking engaging, ORIGINAL content instead shitting out an entire first page of a google search result for the sake of keeping the donation money rolling in?

I didn't watch the vid and don't plan to. I've never been a fan of LGR. The only gaming related youtube I watch is RetroRGB really.

But I agree the topic is fucking stupid and the info has been out there for almost 20 years, but it will keep money rolling in to LGR because all this shit is now plug and play and easier for his followers to do.

I wouldn't be worried about prices going up because more people are "collecting" PCBs. These guys are going to send too much voltage to the PCBs, or power them up on bare carpet and just fry them.

Prices are going to rise because so many PCBs will die.

I really fucking hate "content creators" sometimes

bulbousbeard

Most of the people are not interested in the boards themselves, they mostly just want to play the game and have the same experience as the arcade.

If they were instructed in what the current market offers in that regard, such as the MiSTer which is indistinguishable from the real thing, they'd go and get a MiSTer instead of the real boards since they are also way more easy to setup and more modern-monitor friendly.

Besides, if they really want the real thing, there's the NeoSD and they have the entire library.

The issue, right now, is that they probably don't know it because they're new and they don't even know that things such as the NeoSD exist.

If LGR wants to do a follow-up video it would fix this issue that everyone seems to be concerned about, since I guess most just want to get the same experience and play the game and are not satisfied with just downloading ROMs and playing them on MAME on their PC and are looking for dedicated hardware for a more authentic experience.

Nope, scumbag Youtubers go out of their way to pretend that emulation doesn't exist just because part of their scam is showing off shiny objects that not everyone has and they have to pump up the perceived value of it as much as possible.

There's a little more of a willingness to admit that FPGAs exist because that's something they can actually sell (MISTer has a whole marketing push behind it; it's not pure like free emulators that people are really just using to play the games), and if they're one thing, they're salesmen.

You can see the hypocrisy and stupidity there because, as of today, MAME is literally more authentic than MISTer's Neo Geo implementation, but you can sell MISTer, so we'll keep talking about how magical it is.

People can dance around it all they want, but if you actually just want to play Neo Geo games, emulation is accurate, low latency, and far more accessible than any other method. Playing Neo Geo games with MAME outputting to a CRT arcade monitor is more authentic than playing Neo Geo games on real hardware outputted to a flat panel display. That's where we're at. The display output device makes more of a difference than the hardware itself at this point. As opposed to fumbling around with tons of huge cartridges like a faggot, you can just instantly load any game in the library and play until your heart's content.

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Fuck MISTer and Mame. I rather fumble with giant carts and play them on my OLED like a faggot.

Real hardware beats emulation. Period.

If someone is using real hardware on their modern TV they are using RGB and either an XRGB or OSSC. If they aren't they are a peasant, or a poor.

bulbousbeard

Fuck MISTer and Mame. I rather fumble with giant carts and play them on my OLED like a faggot.

Real hardware beats emulation. Period.

If someone is using real hardware on their modern TV they are using RGB and either an XRGB or OSSC. If they aren't they are a peasant, or a poor.

Would bet large sums of money I could throw a GroovyMAME setup in one big red, have real hardware in another, and you wouldn't be able to tell reliably which one was which.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
A friend tried to pull that same shit with me before corona using Metal Slug X as a test bed.

Inappropriate Slow down
Odd audio glitches not found in MVS or AES versions
Picture looked like shit and was cut off

Not sure if he used groovyMAME or what it was, but it cemented the fact that emulation sucks.

If you wanna play roms, more power to you, but don't pretend it's better than the real deal.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think we just got an excellent example of why PCB prices keep skyrocketing.

And people are blaming LGR. Ugh.

bulbousbeard

A friend tried to pull that same shit with me before corona using Metal Slug X as a test bed.

Inappropriate Slow down
Odd audio glitches not found in MVS or AES versions
Picture looked like shit and was cut off

Not sure if he used groovyMAME or what it was, but it cemented the fact that emulation sucks.

If you wanna play roms, more power to you, but don't pretend it's better than the real deal.

"I have no idea what kind of emulation setup it was, but emulation sucks."

You're a real genius.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
In record time, no less :lolz:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ITnhak2

More power to them if they’re playing the games and actually getting use out of the pcb’s, I suppose.

I mean, I try my best to have a mature "who cares" approach to this kind of stuff...and for the most part I do these days.

But, IDK. If someone needs an a "youtube entertainment/influencer" to open up your eyes to aspects of a hobby you're "into"...how" into it" can you really be?

Like, if you truly enjoy this stuff so much wouldn't you have done your own research and made different choices years ago?

Everybody has to start somewhere, and I get that, but for a very longtime I've found it strange how there's relatively little backlash toward these youtube channels/personalities and the typical fanbase it attracts. Though this thread kind of proves otherwise.

Disclosure : I'm kind of in a hurry right now, if this post doesn't make sense, sorry.

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

HEY GUYS I JUST BOUGHT A NEO GEO WHICH GAMES SHOULD I TRY BECAUSE DOING ONE GOOGLE SEARCH IS TOO MUCH WORK