Graphic problems in MVS mode, working in while in AES in candy cab

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
I am having issues with my board and hoping for some assistance. I'm using MV1A with the unibios 4.0 in a super neo 29 candy cab.

When I turn on the system while in MVS mode I get blocks of distorted graphics. Waiting a bit and the sound will cut out. Now when I switch the cab to console mode, everything is fine. Left it on for a few hours and no problems. Does anyone have any idea why I cant play in MVS mode? Also if left on MVS long enough i will get z80 error.

I only have 2 games but both games does the same thing. kof2002 and 161 in 1 cart. I can't play neither games in mvs mode, while working fine in console mode.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Did you clear the backup ram? Is KOF 2002 a bootleg?

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
How to I clear the backup ram? When I flip on all the dip switches, it just says “main ram test”. Kof2002 is not a bootleg. Would removing the battery also reset the ram?

Last edited:

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Hold your test switch as your board powers up. Then go to Hardware Test. Scroll through the tests using Start until you come across an option to clear your backup ram.

KaedesBlade

Bead Banger
Hold your test switch as your board powers up. Then go to Hardware Test. Scroll through the tests using Start until you come across an option to clear your backup ram.

I got to the clear backup ram screen, does it give any indication that ram is cleared after you hold A+B+C? After I pressed those buttons, it goes to set date and time screen.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That's correct. It doesn't give an indication. It should be clear now. You will be able to confirm that all your bookkeeping data is erased in the test menu.