Sam Sho 5 PERFECT?!

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Pretty hyped for this. The collection is a welcome surprise especially since it's free.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Your link is broken.

https://kotaku.com/how-the-makers-of-samurai-shodown-neo-geo-collection-du-1843712664

I wonder what it would take to get this working on real hardware.

I was dreaming this release would have the original code and that could be parsed out and put onto ROMs to convert an MVS cart. That's how Iron Clad happened after the Wii release....

However, that game was from an era with a lot of titles, and several common had usable donor PCBs.... I could see this theoretically requiring an SSV, SSVS, or at least KOF 03 to be sacrificed for boards.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I was dreaming this release would have the original code and that could be parsed out and put onto ROMs to convert an MVS cart. That's how Iron Clad happened after the Wii release....

However, that game was from an era with a lot of titles, and several common had usable donor PCBs.... I could see this theoretically requiring an SSV, SSVS, or at least KOF 03 to be sacrificed for boards.

My guess is someone makes/sells a custom PCB for the game. There's a guy right now making custom empty boards for the PGM. So you can make the 3 Cave games without sacking carts. Maybe the MVS is different, but I would hope someone would at least give it a shot.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My guess is someone makes/sells a custom PCB for the game. There's a guy right now making custom empty boards for the PGM. So you can make the 3 Cave games without sacking carts. Maybe the MVS is different, but I would hope someone would at least give it a shot.

Well we've already seen reproduction carts and even ngdev use custom PCB's for their games so it's well in the realm of possibility. I just can't see a world where this rom gets extracted and it doesn't end up as a physical cart.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Well we've already seen reproduction carts and even ngdev use custom PCB's for their games so it's well in the realm of possibility. I just can't see a world where this rom gets extracted and it doesn't end up as a physical cart.

Yes it should only be a matter of time, hopefully by a company like Limited run games endorsed by SNK. If not by SNK themselves, but that seems very unlikely.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Yes it should only be a matter of time, hopefully by a company like Limited run games endorsed by SNK. If not by SNK themselves, but that seems very unlikely.

How is the quality of LRG cartridges? I've never really followed their stuff.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I wonder if they could get away with selling conversion kits. Chips, art, box.