Galaxy Guns - New Shmup/Run'n Gun from Neotris Developer

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Does this dev have anything they've worked on before, beyond a tetris clone?

I feel like shmups seem easy to make if you're OK with a mediocre game, but are hard to do really well. I'm not optimistic, but I'm curious to see if they try to do anything fun with a scoring system or other game play mechanics...

If it plays well, I'd be happy with the visuals. If it's a dull game, the graphics are a moot point anyway

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
So erm whats the concept?

Take speed racers car and make it spin in circles while making stuff fly past?

Boring concept....

Maybe they should do a video once there is something worth showing.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yeah honestly not a fan of Radigry visually or any of that stuff I mentioned save maybe Jet Set Radio. So to me it all looks the same

Totally agree, it had to grow on me and the more time I spent with the Milestone games - the more I "got" the style they were going for. I think the first time I saw Radirgy I thought "dafuk is this garbage?" lol

However, I don't see this "game" being a parallel to that story

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just imagine how nauseous the pilot would get being in that ship. He'd be puking all over himself. No time to shoot up enemies when you've got intestinal distress.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Does this dev have anything they've worked on before, beyond a tetris clone?

Super Bubble Pop apparently, or at least they're following the spirit of that dev's masterful 3D art work. :keke:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bad Mustamakkara last night?

Mustamakkara is a Tampere thing, I like it though.

*edit*

On topic: Remember that Neotris was sold out, I'd wager there's no problem of getting morons hyped up about this either?

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Mustamakkara is a Tampere thing, I like it though.

*edit*

On topic: Remember that Neotris was sold out, I'd wager there's no problem of getting morons hyped up about this either?

I’ve said it before, there are people in this hobby who would buy cow turd in a fancy snap case just because they can’t risk missing out. There’s not many but they are there.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I’ve said it before, there are people in this hobby who would buy cow turd in a fancy snap case just because they can’t risk missing out. There’s not many but they are there.

You all apparently haven't been to the Neo Facebook groups. :rolleyes:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I don’t understand why he’s making these concept videos, none of which are improving on what he showed in the last video. I think he should put together a concept video once he actually has a full stage done, with mostly complete enemy and bullet patterns, as well as a more polished background.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The only solution here is that this guy needs to partner with orc.one to create a truly revolutionary new project. Project jizzineye.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have never bothered to thumbs down a YT video but I may have to start....

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You can really feel the steroids pumping through the Neo's veins there huh.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
jesus. building layers are tiled just after 3 buildings then copy and pasted for rear layer. With one object repeated in foreground. Stop showing this crap until you put some work into it.