Your least favorite Neo Geo game that you own.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Thanks dig and max, I’m gonna pick spinmasters up and give it a shot. I actually like top hunter so it will be nice to have another platformer on the Neo Geo.

Good deal man. Keep us posted what you think about it.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I actually traded my fatal fury to a buddy who just got into AES collecting. Now id say my least favorite game is alpha mission ii. It’s a good game but I really dislike level 2 and how slow you move side to side at the first part of the level fighting the big space ship ( it looks good though!). I dislike the power up system as well. I’m a shoot em up super fan so I still play it now and then.

The music in level 1 is fantastic and some of the secondary weapons are cool but i just don’t enjoy it like I use to...

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Top Hunter was such a criminal waste of art assets. It could have been really good. The artists put so much into it but the game just plays like dog shit.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
SvC Chaos. I only own SamSho4, SvC Chaos and KOF98 and I have Metal Slug 3 on the way. SvC Chaos was the most expensive game I got, and I ended up not liking it nearly as much as SamSho and KOF98.

Interested in selling it? I know somebody whos looking for a copy.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Top Hunter was such a criminal waste of art assets. It could have been really good. The artists put so much into it but the game just plays like dog shit.

The dumbest trick the Neckbeard ever pulled was convincing himself that not his impotence is to blame but... the game.

Raguy

New Challenger
Yeah, top hunter is clearly an hidden gem. It is necessary to have practice in order to appreciate all the richness of gameplay. I prefer mvs version that is well balanced, because there are less levels in this version, so the game has the perfect duration and becomes less repetitive.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Fighters History Dynamite. I try to like it but goddamn is it hard.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
SvC Chaos. I only own SamSho4, SvC Chaos and KOF98 and I have Metal Slug 3 on the way. SvC Chaos was the most expensive game I got, and I ended up not liking it nearly as much as SamSho and KOF98.

SamSho II was probably my first neo geo game, but King of Fighters 98 is the game that really hooked me on the system; there's just so much play to be had from it.
Top Player's Golf is probably my least favourite among my games. There are lots of early fighters that I haven't really gotten the hang of, but TPG was really just bought to tide me over until I tracked down a Neo Turf Masters. Since sorting that, I don't know if I've even put Top Players back in the cab.

Last edited:

Shmuppy

Banned
Yeah, top hunter is clearly an hidden gem. It is necessary to have practice in order to appreciate all the richness of gameplay. I prefer mvs version that is well balanced, because there are less levels in this version, so the game has the perfect duration and becomes less repetitive.

Interesting, I never knew the MVS version is "better". Exactly the repetitiveness of the AES version was turning me off. Should switch my AES cart to MVS mode and give it a try again. Thanks for the info.

Riding Hero and Top Player`s Golf - brrrr. I think neither of these were my sports.I just wonder how the games would look like with today's possibilities (graphics, programming, ...)!I just wonder how the games would look like with today's possibilities and creative ideas (graphics, programming, ...)!:lolz: