Your least favorite Neo Geo game that you own.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Strikers is a pretty good game. Flying pancake ftw! Always my ship of choice.

Yeah honestly i think it looks really fun.. it would go well with my other Psikyo arcade hardware. I kind of like the fact it’s designed for a horizontal monitor.. less hassle. I’ve been considering picking up another psikyo arcade board but most of them require tate mode... which i could do but not as convenient to pick up and play as Strikers 1945 plus.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I whittled my collection down a ton - something from like 45 games to now maybe around 20...so pretty much love all the games I have.

The one exception being Fire Suplex. I just suck at the game and I try to get good but I’m no ASID. The only reasons I keep the game is because I absolutely love the graphics and because Foreversublime gave me a heck of a deal on it.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
i havent tried it yet but the gameplay looks ok... i've been thinking about buying it actually. do you have any more specific complaints about Strikers 1945 plus?

The stage backgrounds are ugly—in fact the whole game is kinda ugly. Very brown palette. Probably an aesthetic choice to give it a grittier look, but in any case not particularly pleasing to look at. The music is similarly has a military sound that while it fits the theme is not that enjoyable to listen to. I also didn’t care for the scoring system. There isn’t really much to it except for trying to collect these gold bars that are worth more when they flash.

Pros are I like the pink enemy bullets that are easy to see, the random first 4 levels, and the animations for bombs.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The one exception being Fire Suplex. I just suck at the game and I try to get good but I’m no ASID. The only reasons I keep the game is because I absolutely love the graphics and because Foreversublime gave me a heck of a deal on it.

That's very nice of you moe but all if have to do is get autofire and hold down :A: in a grapple and you'll be great at fire suplex

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I don't own these two titles anymore, but I will say that two games that come to mind that I didn't really care for it too much would be Burning Fight and Top Player's Golf. Burning Fight is a very underwhelming beat-em up, especially when compared to Mutation Nation or Robo Army. Top Player's Golf is just really boring to me, and nowhere near as exciting as Neo Turf Masters.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
The distaste for burning fight is fair. I traded away my copy years ago but may pick one up again as I love beat em ups even sub par ones.

I have a buddy who is offering me first dibs on an English spin masters AES Cib for 380 shipped. It’s in decent condition although the insert has the typical wear of the old style case games. ( not water damage or anything) The cart also has the label peeling up a 1/8 of an inch at the center bottom section. Do you guys like this game? I have no experience with it but the price seems decent. What would you do?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I hate Top Players Golf so much I literally forgot I had it.

That's it, that's the one. I've sat through the other stinkers on the Neo, but Top Players Golf really takes the cake. Is it because there's only two golf games, and one is absolutely a reason to get a Neo? Probably.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Bakatono

I don't know how to play mahjong.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I don't own these two titles anymore, but I will say that two games that come to mind that I didn't really care for it too much would be Burning Fight and Top Player's Golf. Burning Fight is a very underwhelming beat-em up, especially when compared to Mutation Nation or Robo Army. Top Player's Golf is just really boring to me, and nowhere near as exciting as Neo Turf Masters.

The way the dude holds a pistol in Burning Fight kills me. Unplayable.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The distaste for burning fight is fair. I traded away my copy years ago but may pick one up again as I love beat em ups even sub par ones.

I have a buddy who is offering me first dibs on an English spin masters AES Cib for 380 shipped. It’s in decent condition although the insert has the typical wear of the old style case games. ( not water damage or anything) The cart also has the label peeling up a 1/8 of an inch at the center bottom section. Do you guys like this game? I have no experience with it but the price seems decent. What would you do?
It's better than top hunter in my opinion. It's pretty fun, the earlier levels of the game are more memorable than the later ones as far as I really remember.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

Spinmaster is one of my favorites actually. Beats out Top Hunter by being easier to pick up and play and fast paced. The graphical style is unique as it feels like you're playing a comic book almost. It's one that more people should sit down to try. It's also a great game for introducing people to the platform. Scoop it up!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I think Top Hunter is my least favorite that I own. Not a bad game, it just doesn't feel like it has that magic to it.

I sold off a near complete MVS set several years ago, and basically only bought back stuff that I loved; that's one I re-bought out of convenience, and it just doesn't grab me, so I don't play it.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Spinmaster is one of my favorites actually. Beats out Top Hunter by being easier to pick up and play and fast paced. The graphical style is unique as it feels like you're playing a comic book almost. It's one that more people should sit down to try. It's also a great game for introducing people to the platform. Scoop it up!
While I agree Spinmaster is great, have you played Joe and Mac? The art style and graphic style is the same.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
my least favorite game that I have ever owned was Master of Shougi. Simply too primitive for the Neo Geo system, and even overlooking how commodore 64 quality the game looked, it played like shit.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
My least favorite game that I ever owned (I don't now) is Galaxy Fight. The best thing about it is the soundtrack, but for the price of a Galaxy Fight you can buy everything BoltThrower ever produced...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My least favorite game that I ever owned (I don't now) is Galaxy Fight. The best thing about it is the soundtrack, but for the price of a Galaxy Fight you can buy everything BoltThrower ever produced...

Enter the realm of berrytogart, my nightmare has begun
He misspells the stuff he claims to like, and my tears begin to run.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I think Top Hunter is my least favorite that I own. Not a bad game, it just doesn't feel like it has that magic to it.

I sold off a near complete MVS set several years ago, and basically only bought back stuff that I loved; that's one I re-bought out of convenience, and it just doesn't grab me, so I don't play it.

Same - Top Hunter is underwhelming. Not the least favorite I own (that goes to SvC Chaos), but I've played through it once and never, ever touched it again. Like you said, it's not bad, but it just doesn't have any "zing" to it that draws you back in.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I really like top hunter.

Its one of those cheery pick up and play kind of games to play with a friend.

The ending goes off on one a bit though.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

I like the way it looks. I got my cart for cheap. It plays okay. Definitely could be worse

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
i no longer own it, but my least favorite neo geo game that i ever owned was Blue's Journey AES. That game was probably the least impressive neo-geo game i ever played, that took least advantage of the neo's pro-gear specs. the gameplay was boring and it didnt really do anything that couldn't have been done on another 16 bit system. I sold it and used the money to buy PC Engine stuff and never looked back.

I also got rid of Magician Lord AES. Even though the game was pretty, i found the gameplay and difficulty to be unbalanced as hell. I've never been a fan of those types of action platformers anyway, as i am absolutely garbage at them in general. Magician lord lives on in my collection as a burned disc for the neo-geo CD... blues journey i can live without entirely.

SvC Chaos. I only own SamSho4, SvC Chaos and KOF98 and I have Metal Slug 3 on the way. SvC Chaos was the most expensive game I got, and I ended up not liking it nearly as much as SamSho and KOF98.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Thanks dig and max, I’m gonna pick spinmasters up and give it a shot. I actually like top hunter so it will be nice to have another platformer on the Neo Geo.