Your least favorite Neo Geo game that you own.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Two answers. 1 - Matrimelee. I love the game but I know it’s not a very good fighter. It’s decent, but my love for it makes it seem like MotW levels of greatness.

Alpha Mission II is probably my least favorite. Meh shmup

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
It's good for who?

You?

No I think it’s good for him, it’s a very good franchise and one of the foundation blocks the Neo geo is built on. You can have what ever you like in your collection and I’ll have what I like in mine!

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’m probably going to end up letting it go for a copy of KOF 2000 eventually. I’d rather have that since it’s the last game that old school SNK put out. The horizontal artwork is unique too.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow some surprising answers here for sure. I can understand the hate for ghost pilots but king of fighters 98 may one of the best Neo Geo fighting games ever. I get if you prefer samurai showdown but damn man put a big more time into it if it didn’t grab you at first play!

I almost picked up svc chaos for 700 before the covid pandemic. I hear lots of bad things about It but it looks cool to play as street fighter characters on a Neo geo platform. I may have dodged a bullet getting top hunter at a lower price point instead.

Yea, I could care less for the KOF series. I've tried them multiple times and they just don't do it for me. Samsho series is my jam though. I also prefer KOF 96 and 97 over 98.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
World Heroes. I loved the SNES version as a kid so scooped up a cheap copy for MVS here, but there isn't a compelling reason to play it much anymore. Single player Deathmatch mode is the only thing I ever bother with like twice a year. Conned a buddy into playing it with me once and he was miserable lol

Alpha Mission II is probably my least favorite. Meh shmup

Stage 1 music is a real banger though. Every time it tricks me into thinking the game is better than it is, and i end up getting bored 20 mins in

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I’d have to say it was without a doubt fucking Riding Hero - I was embarrassed owning that game.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lol, I’m not a huge fighting game fan. You asked for a personal answer and you got one. Advanced fighting game mechanics, combos, and cancels have always been tricky for me to understand and apply. It just is what it is. There are other fighting games on the Neo Geo that are much more accessible, and I choose to spend my time with those. Therefor, KOF 98 is the game that sits on my shelf the most. KOF 98 might be one of the best games on the platform, but I just don’t enjoy it. If I had someone who could sit down and teach me all the ins and outs that’s one thing, but I don’t feel like spending the time on it myself. There’s too many other games on the Neo I’d rather play than spend forever learning KOF 98.

You own The Super Spy.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
You own The Super Spy.

Yeah, and I’d rather play some mindless Super Spy with the unlimited ammo Unibios cheat than struggle in KOF 98. I got a solid price on the carton version that I couldn’t pass up. Don’t hardly see them anymore, just the normal soft case release.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I like The Super Spy. It was a good crack at a early FPS arcade game. Same shit goes for Crossed Swords.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
8-Man. I got it at Babbages for like $50 and it still wasn't worth it. What a piece of shit that game is.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
3 Count Bout given how broken it is for single player.Sengoku i just find it to be subpar for an brawler.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Let’s face it, most of the library isn’t that good, or it’s a sequel to something already done. I sold it all and have no regrets.

One game I particularly disliked was Windjammers. What a huge pile of overrated shit that was.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Super Spy is fun, if you git gud. Infinite hook loop ftw.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Let’s face it, most of the library isn’t that good, or it’s a sequel to something already done. I sold it all and have no regrets.

One game I particularly disliked was Windjammers. What a huge pile of overrated shit that was.
Mistress Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've been thinking about grabbing a second cart of Riding Hero to try the link feature and have my very first fair match on that game.

Since the NeoSD Pro still doesn't support the link feature I guess.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I've been thinking about grabbing a second cart of Riding Hero to try the link feature and have my very first fair match on that game.

Since the NeoSD Pro still doesn't support the link feature I guess.

A lot of people complain about Riding Hero, but actually the story mode isn’t that bad. I memorized the different tracks, where exactly to boost to win, and farmed for money from one race over and over early on. I then bought the most expensive bike which is faster than every opponent in the game and completed most of the story mode with ease. The CPU can rubberband when your bike is slightly faster, but the fastest bike you can buy actually pulls away from them. I don’t think people spend that much time with the game to even figure that out. I’ve had fun with Riding Hero and I want to add a copy to my collection.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Super Spy is fun, if you git gud. Infinite hook loop ftw.

Good ol rusty knife and repeat hook punches for the win lol
I still enjoy Super Spy and I’m often impressed by what it set out to do even before wolfenstein 3d was a thing.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I sold pretty much all the homecarts I was "meh" about to afford a Neo SD Pro. But out of the crop I still own I would say Art of Fighting 2- not that it is a bad game, I've just never taken the time to properly learn to play.

On the Neo Geo CD I have copies of Quiz King of Fighters and Idol Mahjong, so those would be the worst on I own on the cd just due to fact I don't know what is going on

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
I had Top Player's Golf for a little while, since it was a cheap pickup at a local shop. Painful mediocrity is a thing, and it's Top Player's Golf.

CatBoy

n00b
I would say Art of Fighting 2- not that it is a bad game, I've just never taken the time to properly learn to play.

Was about to post exactly that. Getting my ass kicked royally every time by the CPU would probably have motivated me to get better 20 years ago but now I'm just tempted to switch to another game that gives me more instantaneous enjoyment. I probably would like it more if I got better or if I had friends...