Your least favorite Neo Geo game that you own.

Missile

Another Striker
Sorry I have to go with Riding Hero too - what a disappointment. The Neo Geo has huge sprites and sprite scaling/shrinking. Please make a spectacular racing game with it - not something that looks basic

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Calling myself a fan of Three Count Bout/Fire Suplex would be a stretch, however....

playing it with autofire/turbo transforms the game from hopelessly difficult to a light hearted romp.

If the mashing/grapple system is your biggest gripe, definitely try this.

This is the honest truth.

Riding Hero was such a missed opportunity.

I love super scaler games, and the Neo not getting a F1, rally, or motocross/bike game in this vein, is a real bummer.

Or a shooter like axelay...or sylpheed...something ‘into’ the screen, totally maxing our the Neo’s zoom and scaling.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is the honest truth.

Riding Hero was such a missed opportunity.

I love super scaler games, and the Neo not getting a F1, rally, or motocross/bike game in this vein, is a real bummer.

Or a shooter like axelay...or sylpheed...something ‘into’ the screen, totally maxing our the Neo’s zoom and scaling.

You can blame the 90's fighting game craze for that. :(

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I had to look back at Riding Hero based on this thread. I always appreciated this game for being more than just a super-scaler speed game. I liked that it played more like a console game than an arcade game

Looking back, I can understand the disappointment graphically. It's slow and ugly, and doesn't have any sense of speed outside of turbo. In the arcade, this game would be huge disappointment.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Also had to look back at Riding Hero, since I never actually played it and yall keep spitting on it. Woof - the "RPG" elements are interesting but it's too bad the game looks so underwhelming. Not sure why anyone would want to play it over something like Hang On, which predates it by 5 years

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
While I carefully choose all my games only owning 16 I'd say prehistoric isle 2. Only due to how short and pathetically easy it was. I got last resort after that and ate my words. I like every neo geo game I own but next to that might be I don't know crossed swords? But that may be because I purchased it recently and haven't put the time in.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There are games that I can't enjoy: the Quiz/Mahjong type. I also have some 'least favorite' titles within a series, where some parts outshine the others. Like Shock Troopers outshining 2nd Squad, so yeah, that would be my least favorite Shock Troopers.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I do think riding hero is quite bad as well! I bought it in a three game lot ten years ago. I played it once and then sold it soon after.

Boy I miss the days of cheap lot AES games.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
While I carefully choose all my games only owning 16 I'd say prehistoric isle 2. Only due to how short and pathetically easy it was. I got last resort after that and ate my words. I like every neo geo game I own but next to that might be I don't know crossed swords? But that may be because I purchased it recently and haven't put the time in.

+1 for Prehistoric Isle 2. The dinosaur screams can drive a man to madness. It's almost as bad as blazing star's bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus bonus

KingOfSLUGS

New Challenger
Ghost Pilots is a title worthy of this thread.
Ghost Pilots is the absolute worst title I own by a long shot. The concept is generic enough but gameplay so bad you want to cry. I got it for pittance as NOS so feel much better about owning it.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Ghost Pilots is the absolute worst title I own by a long shot. The concept is generic enough but gameplay so bad you want to cry. I got it for pittance as NOS so feel much better about owning it.

Yeah and now people want $200+ for it.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
The first fatal fury.

Some how I feel like world heroes plays better, and I hate world heroes.

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
It's something strange for me, but I bpought a copy of Fatal Fury (USA version) and I felt that it got old in a bad way I mean... I remember enjoying this title when I was a teenager, hours and hours playing in one player mode, but... I have to say that I can't play more than a few minutes. This title is a legend for me, but I think it will be in my shelves since now...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
World Heroes is that shit!!

643f94cc7f22ad4cd0765ff516d4f7f4.jpg

That’s what Hogan gets for talking that racist junk!!

Jump kick, throw, throw=empty life bar, yo. Deathmatch 4lyfe!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Jump kick, throw, throw=empty life bar, yo. Deathmatch 4lyfe!

Muscle Power and Hulk Hogan are two different people.

Muscle Power : Strong Lariat, crouch jab, crouch jab, weak lariat, crouch jab, crouch jab *dizzy* 360 backbreaker numbah 1!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I love the Deathmatch gimmicks. Grease match w/ Rasputin cracks me up.

Wish FMW (Frontier Martial Wrestling) would’ve gotten a game w/ Breakers engine.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
World heroes is fucking dope. It's on my very short list for US aes purchase currently. Also, in case nobody knows, galaxy fight 2 player once you turn on all the fucked up unibios settings becomes an entirely different beast. It's amazing. Try it at some point in that variety. It's like autist Crack smoked bushido blade.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
World heroes is fucking dope. It's on my very short list for US aes purchase currently. Also, in case nobody knows, galaxy fight 2 player once you turn on all the fucked up unibios settings becomes an entirely different beast. It's amazing. Try it at some point in that variety. It's like autist Crack smoked bushido blade.

Agree with all about World Heroes over Fatal Fury - FF has not aged well while WH is still solid fun.

Galaxy Fight!? Lord, I haven't owned or played that game since the 90's. I remember hating it, but I love Waku. What are some of the Unibios settings? There's some crazy cheats in some games - like the "Tiny Character" mode in KOF96.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have nothing to add to this thread... but...

Hi Magnaflux...

xROTx

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Agree with all about World Heroes over Fatal Fury - FF has not aged well while WH is still solid fun.

Galaxy Fight!? Lord, I haven't owned or played that game since the 90's. I remember hating it, but I love Waku. What are some of the Unibios settings? There's some crazy cheats in some games - like the "Tiny Character" mode in KOF96.
If I remember correctly, there's something that makes the game move at like 50x speed, and another setting that pretty much makes every attack an instakill.
If you turn both of those on, it's like 3 to 10 second matches of complete insanity. It's surprisingly fun and weird. We went into it expecting nothing, and then wound up having a blast for like 2 hours straight.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Stakes Winner 2 on MVS. Came free with another game. After playing it I know why.

Too common to bother selling on, so it’ll live in the corner of my collection forever.

Absolute pile of thundercunt.