Your least favorite Neo Geo game that you own.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Just looking at this thread title brought Riding Hero to my mind and sure enough it appears to be the most common choice, but I think that may be partly because it's a relatively common AES cart.

KingOfSLUGS

New Challenger
It's something strange for me, but I bpought a copy of Fatal Fury (USA version) and I felt that it got old in a bad way I mean... I remember enjoying this title when I was a teenager, hours and hours playing in one player mode, but... I have to say that I can't play more than a few minutes. This title is a legend for me, but I think it will be in my shelves since now...

The first entry is just so bad it isn’t funny. The original AoF is fathoms better and a more polished game overall IMHO.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I smell a bunch of fagits in here hating on Fatal Fury 1.

Think of it not as a poor Fatal Fury Special or something, see it as a take on Mike Tyson's Punch Out. The game doesn't really have a Vs mode, the whole thing is centered around defeating unique unplayable bosses, each has specific attacks and weaknesses. It's short but sweet, it's the most interesting and individual fighting game on the Neo Geo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't own any Neo games I don't like. So out of the Neo games I do own, I probably like MotW least. I like it, but less than games mentioned by other people here, like World Heroes 2 or Fatal Fury 2.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Probably Strikers 1945+. It’s just mediocre all around and lacks the charm that games like fatal fury 1 or art of fighting have which helps mitigate their shortcomings.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't own any Neo games I don't like. So out of the Neo games I do own, I probably like MotW least. I like it, but less than games mentioned by other people here, like World Heroes 2 or Fatal Fury 2.

Same.

Well, I'd maybe rather play MOTW over Fatal Fury 2.

Definitely not over World Heroes 2.

I have 30 homecarts, and I never feel like playing MOTW. I'll get some enjoyment out of it in Vs. once in a blue moon though.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
World Heroes is a better game than Fatal Fury.

Yeah. I liked FF on SNES. But when I got my first MVS cab it came with World Heroes and I was pretty let down since I had played KOF, Garou, etc. and it wasn’t to that level of complexity or graphical quality.

But I’ve grown to like it, especially the sequels.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
I smell a bunch of fagits in here hating on Fatal Fury 1.

Think of it not as a poor Fatal Fury Special or something, see it as a take on Mike Tyson's Punch Out. The game doesn't really have a Vs mode, the whole thing is centered around defeating unique unplayable bosses, each has specific attacks and weaknesses. It's short but sweet, it's the most interesting and individual fighting game on the Neo Geo.

Nah. Fatal Fury 1, and the Fatal Fury series in general, is crapola. Nice presentation but the gameplay was almost always trash.

World Heroes 1 has terrible presentation and is ultimately just a shameless ripoff, but it still plays better than FF1 despite being floaty as fuck and having laughably broken block pushbacks.

The whiff of ass on FF games didn't start dissipating until Real Bout 1 where you didn't have to wait 100 frames after pressing up for a jump to start. They had a real problem with horrific warm up times on jumps and special move recovery up until that point.

There's Samurai Shodown 2, Garou, and a couple of KOF games. You can throw the rest of them in the dumpster where they belong.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Nah. Fatal Fury 1, and the Fatal Fury series in general, is crapola. Nice presentation but the gameplay was almost always trash.

World Heroes 1 has terrible presentation and is ultimately just a shameless ripoff, but it still plays better than FF1 despite being floaty as fuck and having laughably broken block pushbacks.

The whiff of ass on FF games didn't start dissipating until Real Bout 1 where you didn't have to wait 100 frames after pressing up for a jump to start. They had a real problem with horrific warm up times on jumps and special move recovery up until that point.

There's Samurai Shodown 2, Garou, and a couple of KOF games. You can throw the rest of them in the dumpster where they belong.

You also have shit opinions on emulation, so really what you're saying doesn't matter at all.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
You also have shit opinions on emulation, so really what you're saying doesn't matter at all.

Helen of Troy's face launched a thousand ships. How many ships has your face launched?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 because I can't decide to sell it or not.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's always a black sheep in the family, this one comes with a golden fleece, though...

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Same.

Well, I'd maybe rather play MOTW over Fatal Fury 2.

Definitely not over World Heroes 2.

I have 30 homecarts, and I never feel like playing MOTW. I'll get some enjoyment out of it in Vs. once in a blue moon though.

Ya know, same...even though I have never admitted it. lol.

I played the hell out of MOTW when it came out, but over the years it just fell out of favor with me. I play it online every so often with a buddy now that it has rollback netcode in the modern releases, but my AES cart hardly gets touched.

If I'm playing alone my go-to "serious" fighter is KOF 98 but I play Real Bout Special, WHP, FFS, KOF95 and Last Blade probably more than any other of the fighters I have on my Neo.

Last edited:

traveno

Rugal's Thug
Ninja Combat/World Heroes. I still get a kick out of both though. Like someone else said, I like everything I've bought. So far.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Probably Strikers 1945+. It’s just mediocre all around and lacks the charm that games like fatal fury 1 or art of fighting have which helps mitigate their shortcomings.

i havent tried it yet but the gameplay looks ok... i've been thinking about buying it actually. do you have any more specific complaints about Strikers 1945 plus?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Strikers is a pretty good game. Flying pancake ftw! Always my ship of choice.