Minimal NG MVS (digital) machines

Slyelessar

n00b
Not technically a traditional arcade machine, but rather an emulator in a retro looking desktop arcade-looking box, from what I have seen.

Does anyone have personal experience with these?

It makes sense to get an AES, but for those that want a big arcade machine in the corner, this saves space (and cash) rather than investing in an MVS - although I would love this.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Why would you get one if your point is saving space and money over an AES? Just get a consolized MVS or a supergun setup and a 1 slot MVS board. You don’t need a huge cab to play MVS hardware. If you want an emulation box then you should find a different forum.

Slyelessar

n00b
Why would you get one if your point is saving space and money over an AES? Just get a consolized MVS or a supergun setup and a 1 slot MVS board. You don’t need a huge cab to play MVS hardware. If you want an emulation box then you should find a different forum.

You don't have personal experience then? ;)

If I already had an AES, but did not want to fork out for a MVS machine, this fits on a desk and would therefore save space over an original MVS machine (which would be lovely in an ideal world).

If the choice was AES or an MVS board, I wouldn't mind an MVS board in this circumstance. But I was trying to see if anyone had experience with this particular product.

Thank you for responding :)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Not technically a traditional arcade machine, but rather an emulator in a retro looking desktop arcade-looking box, from what I have seen.

Does anyone have personal experience with these?

It makes sense to get an AES, but for those that want a big arcade machine in the corner, this saves space (and cash) rather than investing in an MVS - although I would love this.

Whats up Slyelessar. I asked around about these about a year or so ago and was curious who they were made by since it looked neat...but also unlicensed. The price was about $350 and included all games but it also runs on a raspberry pi (or whatever else you opt to plug in) so your mileage will vary if you intend to play it as-as.

The company has gone on to offer these in two styles now:

As an aside, that youtuber has featured other SNK themed items as well:

There are so many other options to play neo games that unless you just want the form-factor, there are better options from a gameplay experience perspective imho.

This was the thread:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?278150-Neo-Geo-Retrocab-from-playminimal-com

Last edited: