SNK at New Game+ Expo

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
ngpx-1080x1080-banner1.original.jpg

NGPX, or New Game+ Expo is a digital presentation that will showcase "dozens" of games, including "new title announcements and live gameplay demos" according to the press release. It's coming on 23rd June with a 7-hour-long livestream broadcast exclusively on Twitch (trailers, highlights and the full stream up on YouTube after the livestream finishes).

The presentation will air via Twitch on June 23 at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET, which will be followed by first looks, Q&A sessions, and more from 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET to 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET. The full showcase will be archived on the New Game+ Expo YouTube channel after the live stream ends.

Be sure to follow NGPX's channel to make sure you catch it when it goes live:

https://m.twitch.tv/newgameplusexpo/profile

Sources:
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/new...june-23-featuring-14-japan-centric-publishers
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ishers_this_june_including_sega_atlus_and_snk

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
This gonna finally be the big KOFXV reveal? Not looking foward to Ash (Flo) being alive again.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
GodDAMN that is a very solid list of developers right there.

Yeah last year, when they announced they were working on kof15 that they were working on a new metal slug for release this year. but thats all that was mentioned, could just be another mobile game.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I think from one of SNK's tweets earlier this year that they are set to reveal 3 games in 2020. Not sure if Covid will impact the release schedule, though. Probably KOFXV, MS, and...something else. Maybe a sequel to Koudelka? :keke:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think from one of SNK's tweets earlier this year that they are set to reveal 3 games in 2020. Not sure if Covid will impact the release schedule, though. Probably KOFXV, MS, and...something else. Maybe a sequel to Koudelka? :keke:

LEGEND OF SUCCESS JOE 2!!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This is just the kind of event I don’t give a fuck about.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Bump + heads up: Only a splash screen for the next 5 min, but the stream is live now on https://www.twitch.tv/newgameplusexpo

First SNK update:
Spoiler:
Warden confirmed in Samurai Shodown

2nd update:
Spoiler:
KOF R2 NGPC ROM to the Switch, bleh

3rd update (kind of known already):
Spoiler:
Limited Run Games releasing the Samurai Shodown Collection, pre-orders now live. Thankfully the soundtrack is included and the shockbox cover is reversible so PS4 has the good art if I understand correctly.

That was it, no KOF XV updates or major announcements unfortunately. Highlights of the stream were probably Curse of the Moon 2 announcement and confirmation of ports for Ys IX (2021, ugh) and Trails of Cold Steel IV.

Last edited:

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Bump + heads up: Only a splash screen for the next 5 min, but the stream is live now on https://www.twitch.tv/newgameplusexpo

First SNK update:
Spoiler:
Warden confirmed in Samurai Shodown

2nd update:
Spoiler:
KOF R2 NGPC ROM to the Switch, bleh

3rd update (kind of known already):
Spoiler:
Limited Run Games releasing the Samurai Shodown Collection, pre-orders now live. Thankfully the soundtrack is included and the shockbox cover is reversible so PS4 has the good art if I understand correctly.

That was it, no KOF XV updates or major announcements unfortunately. Highlights of the stream were probably Curse of the Moon 2 announcement and confirmation of ports for Ys IX (2021, ugh) and Trails of Cold Steel IV.

Wow, that's it? That's really sad. KoF XV was pretty much universally expected.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

Ys 9! That's good news!

I've played the whole series, and have beat every title, but I just can't jive with 8. I've started it twice and each time got about 35-45% through and never finished it - it just got boring. Am I missing something? It got amazing reviews across the board.

Last edited:
The whole stream was a waste of time, not just SNK. For instance all you got from Atlus was a trailer for the switch port of Catherine Full Body.

I mean i knew Sega werent likely to announce a big new Sonic game or anything like that, but in terms a taste of things to come, the expo didnt give much that wasnt already known.

Maybe they might talk/show something in the playtests stream later but i doubt it.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
The stream was really underwhelming, almost nothing new that wasn't already known. When it comes to SNK, most people expected something on KOF XV, the damn game is scheduled to release this year and we still know jack about it. I guess the stream had it's highlights, but overall nothing spectacular.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I just read on another site that the keynote/intro speaker showed the first ever footage of No More Heroes 3 in the background of his keynote speech where his head obscured it. That's actually a pretty brilliant troll job, and he may have unknowingly set the tone for the entire stream.

Am I missing something? It got amazing reviews across the board.
I platinumed Ys VIII and I rarely finish games nowadays let alone platinum them. I think VIII may have worked better for people who try to do everything at once (main quest, side quest, war mode, level/skill grind, etc). If you concentrate on one aspect and leave the others for later, I can see the game getting boring at points.

Last edited: