The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just saw this pop up :buttrock:

Features Neo-Alec and many others:

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Well produced video and good interviews with YouTubers I generally respect (props to Neo Alec). While ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme, as a jaded old Neo curmudgeon, I did cringe when he stated that Samurai Shodown came out in 1994 not once, but twice - once in reference to the game proper, then again in reference to being released in the same year as KOF 94. :keke:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well produced video and good interviews with YouTubers I generally respect (props to Neo Alec). While ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme, as a jaded old Neo curmudgeon, I did cringe when he stated that Samurai Shodown came out in 1994 not once, but twice - once in reference to the game proper, then again in reference to being released in the same year as KOF 94. :keke:
I got to review an unfinished cut, so I checked and corrected a few things like this. Unfortunately some things were changed for the final cut, and I didn't get a chance to review that before it went live.

Overall though, for such a long video it didn't have many moments like that, and turned out pretty great. There is a lot of crap on Youtube, but this turned out great, and I was happy to be part of it. I've always been a fan of WWG, even before he reached out and asked me to be a part of the video.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Well done. All youtubers who actually contribute to retro gaming without being...well, that kind of youtuber

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Neo Alec looks completely different to how I thought

It's like watching a movie adaptation of the book you like: you're gonna be disappointed by how different the actor looks from what you had imagined for the main character, and you can never go back. :lolz:

GamingCult

n00b
The video was very well done. I liked it had multiple interviews and also an editorial review to ensure accuracy. Definitely one of the best dedicated to this subject matter.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It's like watching a movie adaptation of the book you like: you're gonna be disappointed by how different the actor looks from what you had imagined for the main character, and you can never go back. :lolz:
Sorry to disappoint you?

Basement Brothers has its own internal peer review system. I can't count the number of times one of my two brothers fixed or added something to improve my videos before they went live. I think it's one reason people appreciate the channel's content -- stuff isn't mistake-ridden like most stuff on Youtube.

Now if only we made more videos.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
You make it seem like I suddenly stopped liking your videos because I saw your face. Chill out.
You're taking it the wrong way. I'm just remarking that I'm not sure how I should react to your comment.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Commenting so this can be sorta bookmarked on my phone so I can watch later.

IGNORE ME!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Watched it. One cause interesting. Two cause it had my hyper footage in it.

Fun watch

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
It was certainly a good quality video with good info.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Peeped this earlier today. Excellent stuff. Alec definitely comes off as the bona fide expert, which isn't a surprise to us here. Very cool.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Small correction the Neo Geo CDZ has no double speed drive, but a better cache.

Sup Hattori Hanzo.

The CDZ actually does have a double speed drive.

NeoTurfMasta, Furrtek, Fakk2, and others debunked the “CDZ doesn’t actually have a 2X drive” rumor in a previous round of tests and discussion:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272951-Neo-Geo-CDZ-Single-or-Double-Speed-Let-s-Discuss

They tested both the rpm and the data transfer rates. Later games were programmed in a way to better utilize the extra cache, but it was still confirmed that the drive within the CDZ itself is still indeed a double speed drive.

Last edited: