The Story of NEO GEO video

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The video is up to 100K views, higher than most WWG videos. He deserves it.

It shows there is an audience out there on Youtube for Neo Geo stuff, but maybe only the more general content targeted toward beginners. Originally I'd hoped there would be more of a general retro gamer audience interested in my series, but every time I make a non-Neo Geo video it gets more views, unfortunately.

I probably should've done more general content first and then moved to Neo Geo games after getting an audience. The original idea for Basement Brothers was that my brothers would be providing other content for the channel.

It’s just kind of the way it seems to work. My video on Tuesday did 1700 views in like six hours. Which is a lot for my dumb weirdo channel lol. It was a game for PS4/Switch/Xbox

I do something niche and I get niche numbers. My best video is still how to clean a pcb. Sometimes casting a wide net gets bigger numbers

Slyelessar

n00b
Lol thanks. Honestly I just do whatever I feel like. I’m not targeting any audience except myself...which makes it really easy to satisfy the audience haha

I think that is the best way to make videos. Usually the most genuine videos come about when people are making things they want to see themselves.

I enjoyed the video the OP put up. I found it informative, and not too much information to swallow to someone newly into NeoGeo.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just wanna pop back in here and reference another channel. Gameranx.

The vids aren't bad at all. But what really irks me is how this dude pronounces the word 'game.'

He pronounces it like "geum." Soft G like game, but that weird ass 'geum' bugs the shit outta me.

Edit: spellin'

Last edited: