How to repair broken traces

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I’ve had to do this maybe 3-4 times in the last year and change due to shitty nintendo plastics rubbing through traces. Granted I bought them non-functional but maybe this’ll help someone fix their shit

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Great info. I may try this. I usually just jump two solder points with a wire. I wanted to see what you were going to do with the trace on the other side where you rubbed the coating off the PCB.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Amazing video on trace repair bro! How do you feel about using brasso and then some IPA on contacts? worth it or waste of time?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Great info. I may try this. I usually just jump two solder points with a wire. I wanted to see what you were going to do with the trace on the other side where you rubbed the coating off the PCB.

I couldn’t get an angle with the camera. I need to rethink my soldering on camera setup. I need a tabletop overhead tripod. Currently I use a very large professional tripod that sits about 10 feet off the ground with an extension arm and sandbags.

I shot it and found out my hand was covering the entire repair

I may shoot a V2. I need to source a broken pcb to work on. Right now (fingers crossed) all my shits in working order

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Amazing video on trace repair bro! How do you feel about using brasso and then some IPA on contacts? worth it or waste of time?

I don’t F with brasso. It’s a mess to clean. The fiber brush is precise, effective, and leaves very little residue (that can be 100% cleaned away with ipa)

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Great vid man, Although for cleaning contacts I always use WD40 contact cleaner and Q tips.

Always shines them up really nice even if they are really grimey!