The King of Fighters '98 (Limited Run Games, PS4)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Limited Run Games said:
We're happy to announce that @SNKPofficial
's The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match is getting a Limited Run for the PS4!

Get the game in one of its two batches at 10 am & 6 pm ET on Friday, May 22 on http://limitedrungames.com.
Ijb1NQI.png

HSYlHTc.png

Source

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
They obviously don't understand what the meg count was all about.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Don’t these ps2 ports have terrible input lag?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Commemorative non-functional mini neo geo cartridge... dear god.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Agreed, but they'll be around as long as people like the op will be there to lap up everything that they come up with.

Wrong assumption. I don't buy everything they come up with, normally I'm fine with the Steam version.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I just don't see the appeal - but I'm also not the target audience (most of us aren't - we've been playing and have owned the real thing for literal decades now.) That said, I've also never been a fan of the XXX Match KOF releases (97, 98, 2K2). :rolleyes:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
This. I literally cannot believe people spend money on these, I can think of better uses for plastic. Would bag the postcards and poster though lol

I think the postcards/posters, or at least similar items are available via SNK's Online shop through Zenmarket, actually.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

Besides that, and the lack of an online mode, the PS2 version is not based on the latest Arcade's revision of kof98um (with balance tweaks). The Steam version is.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Comes to a point some people just gotta say enough is enough with this bullshit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I agree, but they seem to be selling more than ever. The noobs eat this shit up.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
People buy them for resale. Just check fb groups

Own both the digital PS4 version and steam version and they both play equally well without input lag or long loading times. Steam has the latest balance changes and online (but not roll back) which the PS4 version lacks. The PS4 version however has the ability to rotate between 2D and 3D backgrounds, has both AST and OST, color-edit customization and gallery mode. Both versions include the original Neo-Geo version of KOF'98.