2 Slot into MVS and AES console?

So We have AES and MVS each taking different carts because of a pin-layout change. Is it possible to take apart a 2 slot MVS, consolize it, then replace one of the two slots with an AES Cart Pin? That way you have a home console that can play either type of cart.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Someone give this man an issue of GameGO! magazine.

Three years to make your first post, and this is what we get?

2/10, would not read again.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Jebus H Christ....

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Someone give this man an issue of GameGO! magazine.

Three years to make your first post, and this is what we get?

2/10, would not read again.

zKRvf0q.gif

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So We have AES and MVS each taking different carts because of a pin-layout change. Is it possible to take apart a 2 slot MVS, consolize it, then replace one of the two slots with an AES Cart Pin? That way you have a home console that can play either type of cart.
Hey there. It's been discussed multiple times before:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?267310-Dual-AES-and-MVS-System

Believe me, I wanted to do this, but when I looked into it, I quickly gave up the idea.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There was a guy from New Zealand that got pretty far with getting AES carts working on an MVS board but it wasn't perfect. Honestly it's a complete waste of time.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
There's a list of reasons why converting AES to MVS is more difficult than the other way around. I may need to dig that topic out too.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I wouldn't be surprised if Analogs inevitable FPGA Neo Geo system has dual AES and MVS cart slots

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Analogs inevitable FPGA Neo Geo system has dual AES and MVS cart slots
Due to the cart connector size, a Neo Geo FPGa would be more expensive to make. I think they'd be likely to go with a converter there.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Due to the cart connector size, a Neo Geo FPGa would be more expensive to make. I think they'd be likely to go with a converter there.

Yeah, if Analogue were to do a FPGA Neo Geo I figure it would be MVS and include an adapter to take AES, like how they did the Mega SG.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Just flip one of the MVS to AES converters upside down and put it in the 2nd slot. Done!

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah, if Analogue were to do a FPGA Neo Geo I figure it would be MVS and include an adapter to take AES, like how they did the Mega SG.
Probably the other way around, if past efforts are any indication.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
basically to add an aes slot to an mvs you have the graphical data in the aes cart. it gets encrypted by the pro-ct0 in the aes cart. But the MVS also has the chip. So you need to decrypt the data 2 times, which would need such a fast chip that it's not worth it.

Thank you for the responses... as for a few of the more rude ones... thanks for the trolling. Sorry I just haven't been as invested in Neo Geo as others. I have a consolized MVS and only a couple carts but it is a neat system! I just cant afford any of the games! :)