Neo Geo mini Joystick issue

jimc787

n00b
So ran into an issue with a brand new neo geo mini international version. It seems that the joystick isn't calibrated correctly as when I push it right you have to push a lot farther than when you go left. so much so that let's say the up/right and down/right diagonals are near impossible to hit.

Just to avoid confusion, this is on the unit itself not on a controller. Also, its not hacked at all.

So, does anyone know if there is a way to re-calibrate the joystick on it at all by chance? Or am I looking at disassembling the thing and trying to center the pots for the joystick.

Any help would be awesome!!!!

Thanks

jimc787

n00b
After taking apart the unit I found the pots were all centered up so there must be a way to calibrate them.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
The built in joystick is really just for novelty. Nothing to use seriously. If anything the Pads are ment to be the primary way to play on this little thing. I can not fathom any way to really play effectively on the built in stick.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
So ran into an issue with a brand new neo geo mini international version. It seems that the joystick isn't calibrated correctly as when I push it right you have to push a lot farther than when you go left. so much so that let's say the up/right and down/right diagonals are near impossible to hit.

Just to avoid confusion, this is on the unit itself not on a controller. Also, its not hacked at all.

So, does anyone know if there is a way to re-calibrate the joystick on it at all by chance? Or am I looking at disassembling the thing and trying to center the pots for the joystick.

Any help would be awesome!!!!

Thanks

It should calibrate on boot up like any analog stick. I’d try holding it slightly left on start up to see if that actually centers it better.

I was digging around the Mini yesterday and soldering shit into the pots. The potentiometers are some budget units for sure. It’s just “cheap parts” issues

Also hey fellow Chicago person!